• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [Sold: Muyshondt Maus Mk I Desert Tan w/rechargeable battery and adapter]

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sale Terms:

• US Shipping only
  • Priority Shipping Included
  • Paypal Purchase of Goods Option (no gift payments please)
  • I reserve the right to refuse sale at my discretion
  • Not looking for trades
1) Muyshondt Maus Mk I Desert Tan [SPF] $145 $150
2-Stage light that runs off of an N-Cell battery. This thing is tiny and perfect for keychain carry. LED is a Nichia 219b and neutral white. This one is extra special in that I was able to find a rechargeable N-Cell sized (NiHM) battery that fits it without getting stuck. Will also run off of an N-Cell alkaline battery. Included are a rechargeble N-Cell sized (NiHM) battery and a AA battery adapter for charging. I recommend using a smart charger in which the charging current can be dropped down to the lowest setting to prolong battery life (I use Powerex MH‑C9000). Buying additional rechargeable batteries is at your own risk though, the 4 others I purchased would not fit. Box is included.

DSC00477_zpsjnbx3brb.jpg

DSC00479_zpsqheeyrid.jpg

DSC00480_zpsxr1ncoh6.jpg

DSC00483_zpssrumr94q.jpg

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Muyshondt Maus Mk I Desert Tan w/rechargeable battery and adapter

Small price drop and will now be shipped priority mail.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

That's cool about the NiMH battery. Is there a name on it?

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's cool about the NiMH battery. Is there a name on it?

Yours Steve, if you buy it. ;)

Actually though, no, not on those that I purchased. There was a white sticker on it that indicated the battery was a 1.2v NiMH. I purchased them through Chris (TnC) here:
http://ogazent.com/cscart/n-cell-500mah-nimh-rechargeable-1.2v-battery-nt50nh/

For the other batteries, one got stuck and had to carefully be removed, while the rest slid in to the body just fine but the lip of the battery was greater than the opening of the head and would not seat properly.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

:)

That's helpful to know your experiences and that the tolerances on these N cells varies so much. Until now, I've only had experience with the N alkalines, and I've been trying to get away from alkies due to the leakage problem. But I have had the occasional AAA and AA light be too tight a fit for an NiMH battery but the alkies would fit fine. So I guess I'm not surprised to learn the N size cells have the same issues.

I really like these Maus I lights and although I'm tempted because of the NiMH battery I already have several of them. :) But I would never put a cheap alkaline battery in the mokume gane or Timascus version of this light because of the risk of leakage. But for the aluminum model it would be okay although I'd prefer the NiMH. And also at my age I prefer a light where the high mode is a bit brighter than 60 lumens these days. That being said, in general I luv Enrique''s work. Best wishes with your sale and again thanks for the info.

I wish some company would come out with an alkaline that was the equivalent of the Sanyo Eneloop NiMH batteries in quality that was less prone to leakage. I'd be happy to pay more for that just as with the Eneloops. But I doubt it'll ever happen. It's too profitable to sell consumer grade alkalines and there aren't enough people interested in "high end alkalines," which would sound like an oxymoron anyway. ;-(

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Forgot to ask what the capacity on the N cell was? Unfortunately my Cottonpickers 8 setting charger is only for Li ions because it goes all the way down to 50 mAh.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgot to ask what the capacity on the N cell was? Unfortunately my Cottonpickers 8 setting charger is only for Li ions because it goes all the way down to 50 mAh.

I believe it to either be 360mAh or 500mAh. I may still try to source some different n-cell batteries for my Ti Mauser, though I am getting used to running it on an primary alkaline.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Thanks for the very helpful information on the NiMH batteries. I'm going to order a few of them for use in my lights.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the very helpful information on the NiMH batteries. I'm going to order a few of them for use in my lights.

Shoot me your address in PM. I am going to order from a different source/brand and see if those don't fit my Ti Maus. If the don't fit then I will send them your way along with the remaining ones I picked up from Chris(3), and if they do fit I will send the remaining ones I picked up from Chris. While they didn't fit my Aluminum or Ti Maus, they may fit other N-Cell lights. All you would need is a charging adapter if you do not already have one.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Thanks. Will do.

I have the old Peak Shasta model from 10 years ago with the old 5 mm LEDs in aluminum and the rare brass version and they are N cell lights. I'm betting they'll fit. They're not very bright by today's standards (about 25-30 lumens if I recall right) but they are a cool bit of the history of these lights.

Last edited: