faces of the fallen ...

hideo

Enlightened
stumbled across this today while I was searching for some reference to the brave men and women in Iraq ...

Faces of the Fallen--Washington Post

given that the powers that be have decided that the media shouldn't have photo access to any of the coffins coming back from the war (complete bullsh#t, IMHO), I guess sites like this are going to have to do ...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hideo

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Thank you for posting that! Brings what's happening closer to home and <font color="blue">WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET those men & women, those before them, and those to follow in their footsteps</font>! A terrible price to pay for the cost of freedom, be it for us or for others. They did not die in vain!

I post my "very condensed" thoughts on the lost lives in the above paragraph. This is not a thread to argue political beliefs, there have been/are others for that. This is a thread to pay respect to those who have fallen and nothing more! Please respect that...thank you!

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think political leanings and our support of our troops are separate issues (and shouldn't be confused). I think everyone respects our troops, their service and sacrifices. The photos do bring it much closer to home and make you think about the reality they are going through.

hideo

Enlightened
another site listing US and European casualties with anecdotes (no pictures):

the Iraq Page

another great sadness is the civillian casualties (as in any conflict)--regardless of your beliefs (or mine) and though this website has a clear political agenda, I invite you to consider this as well:

Iraq Body Count

respectfully,

hideo

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is the Jim Lehrer Newshour on PBS that shows the pictures whenever names are released and I know that the Sunday "This Week" programs lists the names.

It is all too easy to go about our daily lives and to forget that each day, our people risk life and limb in what is seen by many of the local people as a foreign occupation of their country. I pray that we end this in the best but earliest fashion for all parties concerned.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting that link. One of the soldiers killed in November was a very good friend of mine since we were both 5 years old. I had to be a pallbearer at his funeral. The war really hit home for everyone in our small hometown. We should never forget the sacrifices our troops make in the service of our country. I pray that this war will be over soon, and all the troops come home safe to their families and friends.