Help with repair of a Veleno Quanum D2?

bquinlan

Newly Enlightened
I have what I hope is a simple problem, but I could really use some advice. I've had a Veleno Quanum D2 for quite a while. It has seen a lot of carry, but very little use, since it has always been my backup. It probably hadn't been opened in more than a year.

Last night I dropped the battery out to charge it. When I put it back in this morning the light no longer worked. I tried another battery with the same results.

After examining everything it looks to me like a part must be missing from the bottom of the battery tube. I can't remember looking at it closely, so I'm not sure what should be in there. As it is, though, I don't see how it would make any contact with that end of the battery. The center area is outset away from the battery. The "highest" part of the bottom is the outer rim where the battery would rest, but I'm pretty sure the insulated wrapping around the edges is the only part of the battery that makes contact.

So I think there must have been some kind of spring or other electrical contact set into the center depression on the bottom of the tube which is now missing. Can anyone post a picture or tell me what that should be? Any idea on where to get a replacement? Or how to improvise something that might work?

If there isn't supposed to be anything there I am not sure how the contact is made, but I doubt I can do much if the front end of the light isn't working. The QTC is still in place and everything on that end looks normal.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I really like my D2 and at this point it can't be replaced.

Thank you!

--Bob Q