V3 Viking pro question

Tulip bush

Enlightened
New Viking pro do-l arrived......nice light .....always wanted one. Unfortunately the hunting line wasn't working as it should. To start with it had firefly 3x main and a strobe, after a while the turbo would flicker and it would turn of when cycling through the modes.....later on it started working as it should.....odd, tactical mode working fine...anyway I'll see how it goes.

My question is how much lag should there be when twisting over from turbo to strobe or back in tactical mode, after I twist I'm waiting about 1.5 seconds for change, which I know isn't long, but it's not as quick as I would have hoped for I.
thanks

ArmyTek

Enlightened
New Viking pro do-l arrived......nice light .....always wanted one. Unfortunately the hunting line wasn't working as it should. To start with it had firefly 3x main and a strobe, after a while the turbo would flicker and it would turn of when cycling through the modes.....later on it started working as it should.....odd, tactical mode working fine...anyway I'll see how it goes.

My question is how much lag should there be when twisting over from turbo to strobe or back in tactical mode, after I twist I'm waiting about 1.5 seconds for change, which I know isn't long, but it's not as quick as I would have hoped for I.
thanks
1.5 seconds is normal time for change. If I understood correctly, the flashlight blinks on Turbo mode? What type of battery do you use? Could you send a video?

Tulip bush

Enlightened
1, just put back in hunting mode.....no flicking present at moment.....so this is good.....battery is nitecore 3400mAh 3.7v, 12.6Wh...protected.

2, it has decided to have five light modes and a strobe again in hunting mode.... ( in this mode there should be no strobe according to manual. I must say if I set strobe as my choice it instantly switches from turbo to strobe with no lag.......unlike the long 1.5 lag after switching to strobe in tactical mode.

3, Just one more question.......in tactical mode if the light is on, but I turn it off by just by loosening the tail cap and then twist it back on the light comes on in a much lower mode to either the turbo are the other only light mode is this normal?

thanks for your time.
wuyang

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I responded to this question in another thread. Yes there is a short delay for Tactical mode high to disco. I will check in the 3 rd question.

Ok.

For the 3rd question yes. I think what is happening is the light is defaulting to the main UI until the strobe is activated then it resets to Tactical. Might have something to do with the UI thinking the user is trying to change back to the normal/hunting mode. I could be wrong on the assumptions as only used this mode to check your questions.

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
1, just put back in hunting mode.....no flicking present at moment.....so this is good.....battery is nitecore 3400mAh 3.7v, 12.6Wh...protected.

2, it has decided to have five light modes and a strobe again in hunting mode.... ( in this mode there should be no strobe according to manual. I must say if I set strobe as my choice it instantly switches from turbo to strobe with no lag.......unlike the long 1.5 lag after switching to strobe in tactical mode.

I suppose you have the flashlight with new firmware where a strode is included in hunting mode.

3, Just one more question.......in tactical mode if the light is on, but I turn it off by just by loosening the tail cap and then twist it back on the light comes on in a much lower mode to either the turbo are the other only light mode is this normal?

It is normal.

thanks for your time.
wuyang

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Hi Armytek,

1, So what your saying is that I have the new firm ware is in mine, but not updated manual?

2, So how come in hunting mode half the time strobe has been present and sometimes not present?

3, The light is on say in turbo, I leave switched on, but turn off via battery cap, when twisted on does not come on in turbo or what ever mode you left it in, but another mode?

thanks

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Took the dogs into the park tonight only to be totally let down by the Viking. Flicking and turning off when switching mode in tactical setting, at one point would only light up if I held the button down....totally let me down.

Had three tiaras let me down from a uk dealer and then this direct from yourselves, seems ok for a while then plays up again.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP I have 3 of the XP-L Viking Pro's(by strange happenstance)so I am pretty familiar with them. I have 14 Armyteks and have become very familiar with their ahem.."ways". Armyteks are super sensitive when it comes to the UI. It is cool that they or at least all mine came with threads slathered in Nyogel BUT..there have been a couple of my V3 lights that had so much Nyogel slathered on the threads it had smeared onto the contact points of the light. This caused issues similar to what you are having. After a LOT of research I learned about DeOxit Red a chemical contact cleaner and lube. I ordered up a couple cans of it, took apart the problem lights and cleaned every contact point in the light including the head. This took care of the issues. Lights with twist UI's like AT and Eagtac must have totally clean contact points or things like that happen. Not saying it would 100% work for you but when it comes to twisty UI lights DeOxit Red has been a god send.

Gotta add I got the new XHP50 VP in warm white and it is incredible. It is actually so bright I almost never use turbo at all. Good luck