Manker E14 UI problem

English_Mart

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have received today a Manker E14 torch, looks like a very nice thing, but I'm struggling with the UI. I just cannot get it to change from the 7 mode to 4 mode nor get it to go into the memory mode.

I've lost count of the number of times I've pressed the tail switch 17 times (sometime more and sometimes less, but 17 seems to be the right number on my torch) to get it into the double flash mode. But no matter what I do after that point, I never see any changes in the UI, always retains the 7 levels of light and no memory.

I have tried trying to press the switch once, twice and three time in varying speeds right inbetween the first 2 pulses of light after the 17 switch presses, also after the first 2 pulses and after the next pair of pulses, but nothing ever changes.

So, either I'm doing something wrong, or the flashlight is faulty or a fake (I don't think it is a fake).

Can anyone offer any advice on how to change from the 7 mode to 4 and to toggle memory mode on?

Nice light but stupidly frustrating at the moment and frankly a pain to use.

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mnaker E14 UI problem

Dumb question but are you saying press and mean it the same way the whole time? You turn the light off when you get to the flash you want to change.

blf-a6-ui_zpsmc6qrhx7.png

English_Mart

Newly Enlightened

So, to be clear, the 17 presses of the tail switch are presses until it clicks. Also the presses thereafter are presses untill the button clicks.

The only half presses I use are in normal use where I'm toggling through the stages in the various modes.

I've seen a youtube video where it points to an error in the diagram above that aserts that the click for changing Mode Memory goes between the 2 pairs of blinks and not between the second pair of blinks and that you very quickly turn off and on the light (or possible vice versa, I don't remember exactly), which is why I've tried various different ways.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having used this UI many times my usual flow is to turn the light on then half press till it stops changing modes now it will be in config mode. Once you see the first flash turn the light off. This should change it from 7 mode to 4 mode and vice versa. Same flow for mode memory but turn it off for the second setting

English_Mart

Newly Enlightened

Having used this UI many times my usual flow is to turn the light on then half press till it stops changing modes now it will be in config mode. Once you see the first flash turn the light off. This should change it from 7 mode to 4 mode and vice versa. Same flow for mode memory but turn it off for the second setting

Brilliant! I've got it now.

The 2 mistakes I was making were 1, not starting with the light switched on and 2, interpreting "tap" as a full click and not the half press. Switching on and then reasonably quickly half pressing "tap" 17 times then resulted in those 2 double flashes. Incidentally, the way I previously did it, resulted in pairs of flashes, but they didn't stop (unless the button was pressed) they'd continue double blinking ad infenitum. It appeared to be the right place to press the button, but wasn't.

I'm now happy with this lights' UI.

Thankyou staticx57!