Flashoholic's Twilight Zone episode

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CPF enthusiast boarded a plane that flew to New Zealand from Philippines. on the way there, the cabin suffered explosive decompression and the plane was forced to crashland near a desert island. All luggage was lost including his 1,000 batteries. All he had with him was a Surefire 6P with a popular LED conversion. When he swam to the island, he found an abandoned facility that had tons of old AAA batteries as well as D cells and Maglites from the 1980's with burned out bulbs. No cells that would work in 6P however.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
A simpler & more elegant version: only 9v cells - i.e. square pegs & round holes. :devil:
(For the sake of the argument, let's say that cell disassembly isn't permitted.)

scout24

Flashaholic
Really... :) I've flown with three lights on my immediate person, and two more in my carry on bag. I don't check bags, so none there. Kestrel- That's evil...

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other one was a CR2 lite. Maglites were in the luggage. He stuffed 9xAA conversion in a 3D Mag and put lithiums in it, which exploded blowing off the luggage doors in the airplane.

I think I watched every episode of Mayday series, detailing research of crashed airplanes. Fascinating stuff.