Problems with Surefire EB2, anybody had the same?

RF11

Newly Enlightened
I got a new surefire EB2 Backup Click type switch a month or 2 ago for EDC but it doesn't seem to be behaving properly.

Now let me start by saying I have about 7 other Surefires and have never had any issues.

Basically the light should come on with the full high 500 lumens however in my case it always starts out with the low 5 lumen setting.

Then to get it to go to High mode I must turn the flash light on or off again several times, giving the low output, until it decides to choose high.

Also if I shake the flash light once it finds the high out put it will switch to low, and rarely when in low output it will just switch to high without pressing the switch or any other input.

I have been using surefire batteries and have changed them twice to see if that was the issue.

Has anybody had a similar issue? Am I doing something wrong? Let me know.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried stretching the springs on your switch and the head? It sounds like the cells are too loose and not contacting consistently. Maybe the sping on the new switch is a little compressed.
P

RF11

Newly Enlightened
No haven't tried that.

Will see if it works, I guess just pull on the spring with pliers to stretch it right? About a couple of mm?

RF11

Newly Enlightened
So I tried stretching the spring and it solved the torch switching to low when shook.

But it still turns on on the low setting when it should start in high, and randomly switches to high when the in low mode.

Should I contact surefire?

Mike 208

Enlightened
If you haven't already done so, yes, contact Surefire. There is definitely something wrong with it. I have the EB-1 (200 lumen version) - works flawlessly. Hopefully, Surefire will repair/replace your light quickly.