Your thoughts on the Anker LC40

cadd

Newly Enlightened
I've been out of the flashlight game in such a long time. Had a few Surefire back in the day (before LEDs). Then purchased a Surefire LED about a decade ago. More recently (2 years ago), I purchased Streamlight Strion LED for EDC. The only thing I don't like about it is the proprietary battery. But

I'm looking for a disposable light to leave in my cars. Something I won't be upset about if it gets lost. I also want it to be 18650 since they're relatively popular.

What do you guys think about this Anker LC40 for $10 as a light that I can leave in my cars year round? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8E3T4K/?tag=cpf0b6-20

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
I've been out of the flashlight game in such a long time. Had a few Surefire back in the day (before LEDs). Then purchased a Surefire LED about a decade ago. More recently (2 years ago), I purchased Streamlight Strion LED for EDC. The only thing I don't like about it is the proprietary battery. But

I'm looking for a disposable light to leave in my cars. Something I won't be upset about if it gets lost. I also want it to be 18650 since they're relatively popular.

What do you guys think about this Anker LC40 for $10 as a light that I can leave in my cars year round? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8E3T4K/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I just bought one last week and so far I think it is an amazing value. It is at least as bright as the older Inova's that I bought years ago when Target was closing them out. I also bought a pack of four 18650 batteries with charger included from Amazon. The fit is a bit tight but the spring on the back of the LC40 is long enough to accommodate the battery. Unless this dies an early death it is a great find.

I don't know about others but the Anker model with the USB charging didn't really interest me. The quality would probably be OK too as Anker seems to be one of the best choices for inexpensive items on Amazon.

(I also bought the Jetbeam u AAA light in the same order after reading the review here. It is very nice and the only thing missing was the split ring for putting in on a key ring. Thanks to this forum for steering me to the Jetbeam!)

Now I have to buy two or three more devices that will accept the 18650s.;)

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't this belong in LED flashlights rather than beyond flashlights LED?