Grammys 2004!

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
So who's watching the grammys and what do you think? I thought the opening performance stunk.

LOL, I loved when Andre came up, said "thank you," and promptly took his seat. I'm an Outkast FAN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I loved Prince and Beyonce!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Overall, I thought the show was mediocre at best. There were a few good moments... Ozzy and Sharon... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif and Outkast!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif "Hey Ya!!" ... awesome performace!!

I thought the camera work SUCKED!!... what was up with showing all the stupid stuff and not focusing on the good stuff that was happening on the stage?!?! And what was with the lights while White Stripe was playing? ... very unique "group", btw... two members... male singer/guitarist and female drummer. Very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Celine sucked... I'm glad her mic was messed up... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Martina was classy, as always... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Justin was just stupid... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just not very good... not at all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
My jaw dropped when Celine's mic didn't work and they aired the stagehand asking if he should bring the spare on stage!! I don't know if it's just when I'm watching, but I have seen several years of Grammys shows with audio problems, feedback, and glitches. I guess because it's one of the few live awards shows.

I didn't catch the live version, but here's one of my favorite versions of Outkast's Hey Ya! It features Charlie Brown's Christmas show. The original site that made it had to take it down after a stern warning from United Media. Still worth seeing though.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i luvd when Andre told them that Stankonia wasn't their first album.

Outkast has been one of the finest groups in hip hop, and it was sad that ppl didn't know they have 3 other albums prior to Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/The Luv Below.

and what was with the stunt 50 Cent pulled? i thought that was pretty lame..

i admit i didn't watch much of the show tho.