MH20GT or ???

Levibad

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I'm looking at the mh20gt to be my next goto light. First, I'm new here but not new to quality lights. I have had surefire and streamlights in the past (before led times). I have been using cheap Coast brand 2AA led lights to get me by, but the time has come to upgrade. Im wanting a light with the capability to reach 2-300 yards, but with enough spill to be a usable work light up close. I'd prefer to have onboard usb charging. Size isn't overly important. I don't plan on carrying in a pants pocket, but rather in a jacket pocket. I'd like to keep the price under $100(less is better).

I've researched this purchase on and off for over a month and can't believe how many bad a$$ lights there are out there. I really would like to buy 2 lights. The tn42 for reaching way out and a second smaller light for close to mid. However that is not in the cards for right now, so I shall buy just one to fill double duty.

SO, what other lights am I forgetting about that fit my criteria?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
MH20GT is a great choice. It is bright as hell and very portable w/USB. The TN42 is a HUGE light it is great and all but to big for much convenience for me. You really want to throw and keep it compact as possible? I hereby suggest either Olight Javelot M2X or the bigger M3XS. A step up in size for sure but they are a lot more convenient than these huge lights that have coke can size bodies. Will also throw in the mere $50 Thrunite TH4A HI. That light comes in either cool or neutral they are a touch fat being 4xAA but are astonishing values and do indeed throw very well...LOTS of options I am sure more will chime in

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
Can't go wrong with MH20GT in my opinion. I just wish they'd offer it in NW. Thrunite TN4A HI is another favorite of mine, especially for the price. Great thrower, and carries nicely in a jacket pocket. I'd say buy both, I did.

Beckler

Enlightened
You could look at Jetbeam C8. Should be half the price however has fewer levels and less throw. I have the standard MH20 and do like the features but don't like the usability, which is a big problem I have with many lights however. Its 2-stage button, altho a good idea in theory, is fiddly and means it's non-intuitive because no other light you have will work that way. (Except maybe 1 or 2 other Nitecores with 2-stage, and then still not quite the same, which is idiotic).

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Hey
You could check out the imalent dn70. It reaches out beyond 300 yards with 3800 lumens on one 26650. Barely over 100$

Or if you want to stay with nightcore and the smaller 18650 the tm03 is nice.. almost 300 yards.. and 2800 lumens.. run times aren't as good as the 26650 lights though. I think it's about 130$

Both these obviously flood a ton with the xhp70 so a very usable light! while going a fair distance!

Hope this helps
-C7N3M

Last edited:

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I've owned many Nitecore lights in the past, and the MH20GT is by far my favorite. It's small enough for the pocket and still has great throw for its size. You can't go wrong with it.

Levibad

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I can't believe how many damn flashlights there are out there. I feel like I have been researching this forever! Now I have a list of lights instead of a couple I was looking at. The following have made it to the top of said list.

Ace beam EC50 gen ii
Nitecore mh20gt
Manker u21
Klarus xt11gt

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
Manker u21 is an awesome thrower, with good spill too. I really like mine. Fits nicely in a coat pocket, comes in neutral white, which I prefer to cool white.

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
Also, the U21 gives you the option of using 18650's or 26650's, usb 2a quick recharging(only with 26650), I just wish they included a holster, as I like holsters for pretty much any light that's too big for a jeans pocket.

Mcgrimes

Newly Enlightened
Klarus XT12GT, there's a few group buys at the minutes and the throw is amazing. Within budget, but beats your expectations.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manker u21 is an awesome thrower, with good spill too. I really like mine. Fits nicely in a coat pocket, comes in neutral white, which I prefer to cool white.

+1

there is also Utorch UT02 which throws pretty far too and it comes in neutral white which is now quite a deal maker for me.

The Utorch and the Manker are available here , don't be shy about asking to see if dazed1 can arrange anything for you, PM him and ask. Cheers

Last edited:

Levibad

Newly Enlightened
Well I ended up buying the Klarus xt12gt. THANK YOU DAZED1.

Only one worry with the xt12gt. I worry about losing the special charging adapter. Hopefully those can be bought separately if I lose one...

Now just to wait for it to come from china!

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I can't believe how many damn flashlights there are out there. I feel like I have been researching this forever! Now I have a list of lights instead of a couple I was looking at. The following have made it to the top of said list.

Ace beam EC50 gen ii
Nitecore mh20gt
Manker u21
Klarus xt11gt
I quite like the ec50 gen II [emoji106]

heiden.jeffrey

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Lumintop SDMini (MH20 copy) and im loving it. its the XPL-HI model and has a 300m range on it. Onboard Charging and quality build make it a great light for me. its 59.99 on amazon also!!

Levibad

Newly Enlightened
Well still no light... tracking has shown no movement since Feb-1. Gearbest basically told me to wait longer and the shipping company twice has told me to wait 3-5 days for them to investigate. I know it takes time to get stuff from china, but this makes me upset. I paid the couple extra dollars for better shipping. Obviously a waste of a couple bucks. Has anyone else had issues with gearbest or international bridge?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gearbest? I bought my L6 from them it literally took 2 months to show up. International Bridge? Have not heard of them.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Myib.com can be used to track International Bridge.

Basically, from what I've gathered, GB ships many orders together to the US. IB receives them, splits them, and sends out via USPS.

Once repacked in the US, the Myib.com tracking will also show the usps tracking number.

14 to 19 days is typical transit time for me. You're on day 13 so I wouldn't panic. Gaps of 5 days in tracking events aren't uncommon but 13 is high.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP Idk where in the world you are. If you are outside the States then I am not sure what to tell you. What I can tell you is that it literally did take 60 days for my Convoy L6 to show up. So much time passed I had forgotten I had ordered it. Fortunately when my L6 did show up it was perfect. I inspected the heck out of it and everything is perfect but that is the L6 which is a light that is actually made per order so that may explain why it took so long. Now that Manker and Klarus are available from extremely reliable State side sources here I dont mess with Gear Best anymore. Good luck...