Brightest 14500 flashlight?

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys quick question.

I'm in search of the brightest 14500 powered light. It needs to have a slim head, no larger than the body.. and a pocket clip..
I like the Nightcore ec11 brightness but I don't like the head size.
It would also be nice if it is short.. I don't mind if it is a twist style switch like the jet beam mk 1.

Thanks
C7N3M

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swedpat
Sorry I am new here. How is my post wrong?
Thanks

Sorry my misleading words. I meant that MY post was wrong. I answered you but didn't read carefully, that you asked for a light with slim head no larger than the body. My proposal didn't correspond to that so I deleted what I wrote. But can't delete the post.

/Patric

By the way: :welcome:

Last edited:

novarider

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac d25a is a great little edc light. Its about the size of a chapstick. It can run on AA or a 14500.

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Sorry my misleading words. I meant that MY post was wrong. I answered you but didn't read carefully, that you asked for a light with slim head no larger than the body. My proposal didn't correspond to that so I deleted what I wrote. But can't delete the post.

/Patric

By the way: :welcome:
Oh I see.. thank you for the explanation.. a shame you can't delete posts!

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac d25a is a great little edc light. Its about the size of a chapstick. It can run on AA or a 14500.
Novarider

That does look like a nice light. I was looking for something a little bit closer to the 900 lumens of the Nightcore ec11. In a smaller size.. The jetbeam mk I is 480 so preferably more than that..

Thanks for the suggestion it is much appreciated!!

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own one to give feedback on, but the Manker E11 is supposed to be capable of 800 lumens on a unprotected 14500. Available in cool white or neutral white. Very reasonably priced, too. KJ75 has a good review up of it:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-XP-L-800-lumens-AA-14500-(beam)shots-compare

*Edit
I remembered after I posted that Klarus also has a pretty comparable light, the MI7. The main functional differences compared to the Manker are the mode spacing, and the use of the High Intensity version of the XP-L emitter, which trades slightly reduced output for a more focused beam.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?421164-Review-Klarus-Mi7-(1xAA-14500)

Note that neither of these lights has a real moonlight mode:

Last edited:

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
I don't own one to give feedback on, but the Manker E11 is supposed to be capable of 800 lumens on a unprotected 14500. Available in cool white or neutral white. Very reasonably priced, too. KJ75 has a good review up of it:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-XP-L-800-lumens-AA-14500-(beam)shots-compare

*Edit
I remembered after I posted that Klarus also has a pretty comparable light, the MI7. The main functional differences compared to the Manker are the mode spacing, and the use of the High Intensity version of the XP-L emitter, which trades slightly reduced output for a more focused beam.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?421164-Review-Klarus-Mi7-(1xAA-14500)

Note that neither of these lights has a real moonlight mode:
Iamlucky13
Wow thanks alot that looks like a fantastic little light with well spaced and usable modes..
Very nice. I appreciate your suggestion it fills all of my criteria👍

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Iamlucky13
Wow thanks alot that looks like a fantastic little light with well spaced and usable modes..
Very nice. I appreciate your suggestion it fills all of my criteria

There is a nuisance by the way: small lights with high output warm up nearly instantly. They have insufficient mass and surface to handle heat adequately.

So, the best performer would be Astrolux SC (1400lm at max):

b80dda66-35e6-493d-bb06-27c709cbc266.jpg

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about Klaurus Mi7

• Maximum output 700 Lumens; Maximum runtime 67 hours
Dimension:Bezel19mm (0.75"); Body 17.6mm (0.69");
Overall Length: 87.2mm (3.43")
Small and lightweight for everyday carry (26.4g without battery.)
• Battery Capacity Indication displays remaining power for easy monitoring
• One Touch Access to Moon-light and High output levels
• Unique high efficiency circuitwith broad voltage range to accommodate both AA (Primary/Rechargeable) and Li-ion 14500 batteries

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Iamlucky13
Very nice. I appreciate your suggestion it fills all of my criteria

Follow up - I did some more looking because I'm also somewhat interested in these lights, and found the Klarus does not actually hit the specified 700 lumens. Frankly, this is less of a surprise to me than had such a small light actually achieved 700 lumens, but the output of ~550 lumens is still very good in my book. Obviously, your own priorities may be different from mine, so I figured I'd better make sure you're aware of this.

The Manker E11, incredibly, comes closer to the specified performance, measuring instantaneously over 800 lumens, but fading extremely quickly (literally in seconds) to around 700 lumens.

Both lights have step downs to roughly 300 lumens somewhere around 3 minutes due to the heat. Honestly, I doubt you'll find any light in this class that can sustain much more than 300 lumens for long - it's a compromise of the small size.

My sincere compliments to CPF user Budda for the measurements in both these reviews:

Manker E11:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?420275-Review-Manker-E11-AA-14500-XP-L

Klarus Mi7:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-EDC-light-For-Submission-in-the-review-forum

novarider

Newly Enlightened
Curious what do you need 700 lm for in this size? Runtime has to be terrible on high/turbo.

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Curious what do you need 700 lm for in this size? Runtime has to be terrible on high/turbo.
For 1 to be honest I like to have the best and brightest.. haha
And I think why these lights are designed this way/why I want them, is to have a bright burst for a short time. I think that the medium is sufficient for most things, but I don't like not having the ability to blast some light on a situation or see a little further away for even 30 seconds or a minute.
I also don't mind swapping 14500s every night..
IV got 18650 and 26650 lights if I need longer runtime on higher output

If that makes sense.

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Follow up - I did some more looking because I'm also somewhat interested in these lights, and found the Klarus does not actually hit the specified 700 lumens. Frankly, this is less of a surprise to me than had such a small light actually achieved 700 lumens, but the output of ~550 lumens is still very good in my book. Obviously, your own priorities may be different from mine, so I figured I'd better make sure you're aware of this.

The Manker E11, incredibly, comes closer to the specified performance, measuring instantaneously over 800 lumens, but fading extremely quickly (literally in seconds) to around 700 lumens.

Both lights have step downs to roughly 300 lumens somewhere around 3 minutes due to the heat. Honestly, I doubt you'll find any light in this class that can sustain much more than 300 lumens for long - it's a compromise of the small size.

My sincere compliments to CPF user Budda for the measurements in both these reviews:

Manker E11:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?420275-Review-Manker-E11-AA-14500-XP-L

Klarus Mi7:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-EDC-light-For-Submission-in-the-review-forum
Hey thanks for bringing all that information to the table. I appreciate your opinion.
Thanks for the links..
I will check out the klarus also[emoji106]