ROFIS TR10 - Mini flashlight review

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rofis TR10 XP-L HI 900 Lumens

DSCN1015.jpg

Declaration & Thanks:
This light was supplied for review by Rofis flashlights.

Conclusion Summary:
A nifty little light, with some great features and highly usable.

Manufacture Specs:
DSCN1016.jpg

Info about my reviews and testing:
I like to keep my reviews fairly informal and not overly technical. There are plenty of talented people with fancy measuring devices to offer more technical detail. What I want to do is give an honest appraisal of owning and using this torch, and what a regular punter will make of it.

What's in the box?
DSCN1017.jpg

DSCN1018.jpg

DSCN1019.jpg

The TR10 comes with the usual spare o-rings and a lanyard.

Exterior Design & Ergonomics:
Like the other Rofis lights I've reviewed, the anodising is flawless on my sample. The switch feels great with a positive 'click' sound when using it, despite being an electronic switch. The threaded sections are square in profile and have no binding or slop in them.

The design is also slick and smooth, but provides a good grip and feel when using the light.

DSCN1026.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1023.jpg

Beam:
The TR10 uses an XP-L HI with an OP reflector. I'm truly of the mindset that this is a wonderful combination for this class of flashlight. The slightly smaller reflector than it's bigger brother the TR18 mean slightly less throw, but a wider spill beam. It really does make for a pleasant and versatile beam pattern.

DSCN1022.jpg

Switch, UI & Performance:

The TR10 uses a single electronic side switch. This activates the light and selects modes. There is an electronic lock out for the light. The switch is positive use and makes a reassuring 'click' when pressed.

A full click turns the flashlight on.

Once on, the side switch scrolls through the modes. A click and hold will advance through the outputs.

From off click and hold will take you to moonlight.

My only lament on the UI is, there is no instant to max output. Which means you can easily scroll past it and have to start again.

In Actual Usage:
Size wise the TR10 compares well with other 16340 tube lights, although the rotating head does make it slightly longer than some. But it is significantly shorter than an 18650 light. The pocket clip provides anti roll capabilities.

DSCN1020.jpg

I found the beam, tint and UI to all be great for EDC use. The low isn't a moonlight in my opinion, just a low., but it is a suitable low setting, and the beam is ideal for general use.

Like the TR18 the TR10 also offers the angle light rotating head. And it also has a magnet in the tailcap.

DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1030.jpg

Group shot with some other members of the Rofis family, showing how compact the TR10 is:
DSCN1025.jpg

Latest posts