Dumb question about tail clicky and mode changes

Redemption

Newly Enlightened
I have a Lumintop IYP365 which has a reverse clicky tail button. Mode changes can be done with half depressions when the light is on and I find I really like that UI, but I greatly miss having momentary on.

Is it possible for a forward clicky tail button to also allow mode changes after the light is on, but still allow momentary on that doesn't forward the mode? I'm guessing no since I imagine the switch won't know whether the light is on or off.

So the UI would be something like this:

1. From Off, momentary On when half depressed. Using momentary on multiple times rapidly will not advance mode.
  2. When On, half depression advances mode.

I'm asking because I find I prefer using the tail to switch modes rather than a button on the side. I prefer to hold my lights with a "tactical" type grip (I'm not doing anything tactical, it's just the most comfortable grip for me), or to hold it in a cigar grip, and I don't like to switch grips to change modes.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not a dumb question at all.

LED Lensers old P7 used each motion (both forward and backward) to change settings so yeah it can be done.

I like momentary 'before' on as well.
The disadvantage to changes in both directions is you have to cycle through all settings to turn it off.. or at least that was the case with the P7… once you clicked it on you were in a loop of either leaving it on or completing the cycle to turn it off.

Another thing I liked was forward was turbo. When you pressed the button you got turbo. Release got you whichever setting you were at in the rotation.