So excited my TN42 VN just arrived seconds ago. Thanks Vinh!

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
this thing looks like a throwing beast! The reflector is amazing. I can't wait for it to get dark

QX9QBq9.jpg

y0fnfZS.jpg

Last edited:

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
1vkDC5I.jpg

Beam shot comparison between my de-domed PD35VN at 10' ... this thing is a laser beam!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for pictures!

I am just curious: the unmodified TN42 has 600000cd something, how many candela has this one?...

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for pictures!

I am just curious: the unmodified TN42 has 600000cd something, how many candela has this one?...

I'll jump in here, mine is the NW version and has 730kcd. From memory ( and I think that Vinh has changed his testing equipment so it's harder to establish) it is just under 100kcd gain over the stock light. Thrunite are pushing their stock lights harder than ever, so the % gain is not as great as it used to be on some lights like the old TK61. [emoji4]

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll jump in here, mine is the NW version and has 730kcd. From memory ( and I think that Vinh has changed his testing equipment so it's harder to establish) it is just under 100kcd gain over the stock light. Thrunite are pushing their stock lights harder than ever, so the % gain is not as great as it used to be on some lights like the old TK61. [emoji4]

Thanks for reply! I have hard to imagine it. Olight SR52UT really is an extreme thrower but this one: roughly 4x the candela. Which means roughly twice the throw! :eek:

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Well I was all excited to play with my lights tonight, but then the weather had different plans ... so I ended up with one of our favorites. Dense fog to play with. Grabbed a few lights for comparison.

TN42VN on turbo:
idLFJzZ.jpg

md3SHYS.jpg

PD35VN on Turbo
jWfL4pu.jpg

TK75VN on Turbo:
oNPsc9W.jpg

TK75VN vs TN42VN:
lGmgFWh.jpg

Both lights are pointed straight up, that is just the beam diffusing on the TK75 that makes it look like an angle compared to the tight TN42
qPiqN14.jpg

Wb3kB27.jpg

Last edited:

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Nice beamshots! And nice light :)

Thank You! It has been much too long since my last NLD. I decided I had to grab the DSLR, heck the neighbors think I am nuts anyways.

Enjoy! (TN42VN vs TK75VN again)

xUOgWnx.jpg

kEb4vwm.jpg

RUDAUT4.jpg

msDCkWc.jpg

fc04BN8.jpg

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Very nice lights! I am going to get a serious thrower after I iron out my x7 or x7vn choice.

wjv

Enlightened
Better be careful aiming that thing into the sky like that.

A passing 737 might mistake your yard for the local airport and try landing there.

:)

AWESOME LIGHT!!!!!