Shot show 2017 new surefire

jellydonut

Enlightened
Surefire New Flashlights and Headlamps - SHOT Show 2017

Now to wait and see which of these will actually show up in stores.

Here's another one with their new weapon lights and a matching holster:

I almost can't believe there's a 'new' 'Aviator' series with a click-type tailcap.. Complete sacrilege.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire New Flashlights and Headlamps - SHOT Show 2017

Hope those aviators will hit the market soon. Looking at a red and amber version.

bigfoot

Enlightened

Thanks for sharing these videos! :thumbsup:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast

E1B Maxvision is something I didn't expect, and that dual relfector light, the latter not bad for 220USD. :)

thermal guy

Flashaholic

That dual reflector! I like !!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wasn't the whole point of the Aviator series so that you would have a low power light for map and document reading in the cockpit of an aircraft without it being distracting to or blinding the pilot? Even the low on the new ones seems too bright for that.

Also seems as though putting Intellibeam in everything is how they intend to innovate this year.

Last edited:

Hg203

Newly Enlightened

Wasn't the whole point of the Aviator series so that you would have a low power light for map and document reading in the cockpit of an aircraft without it being distracting to or blinding the pilot? Even the low on the new ones seems too bright for that.

Also seems as though putting Intellibeam in everything is how they intend to innovate this year.

Something about that video feels off. The A2 incan had the 10 lumen led, and the low power mode for the red was supposed to be .5 lumen. The video though was a lot brighter then that though.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice video by Marshall and Andrew. :thumbsup:

I get a chuckle when Andrew calls Luminox a high end watch brand when describing the latest 2211 wristlight. I'm wearing a Luminox 3181 at the moment but I wouldn't really call it a high end watch. Anyway, Andrew says the new watch in the 2211 is no longer branded as a Luminox to make it more affordable. I'm curious if the new 2211 Signature variant has a Japanese or Chinese movement instead of the nominally Swiss Ronda calibre? Also, does the new version still have the trits on the hands and dial?

I was interested in the retro design of the new E1B Backup MV. As Andrew said, it has the head design of the original E1B but with a MaxVision faceted reflector instead of an optic. He says it puts out 400 lumens on high, 5 lumens on low on one CR123A. It's described as a floody light unlike the EB1 which is definitely a spotlight.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup, that MV is definitely a step away from their throw oriented single CR123 lights(just about every one in their inventory).
Looking at pictures in the catalog the signature series looks like it does have trits, but with the Rep saying they built it to be more affordable maybe they just made it look like that, but with Superluminova instead.
I hope they put at least a Seiko movement there, I find them satisfying in performance, keeping up with my Luminoxes in terms of seconds lost each month and none have that "almost" inconsistent hacking movement of the second hand(which is also a bit loose when shaken) on my Luminox Recon.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened

They could have skipped the green Aviator, I already have a PX2 :crackup:

I do want an amber one and maybe red though.

Redemption

Newly Enlightened

I get a chuckle when Andrew calls Luminox a high end watch brand when describing the latest 2211 wristlight. I'm wearing a Luminox 3181 at the moment but I wouldn't really call it a high end watch. Anyway, Andrew says the new watch in the 2211 is no longer branded as a Luminox to make it more affordable. I'm curious if the new 2211 Signature variant has a Japanese or Chinese movement instead of the nominally Swiss Ronda calibre? Also, does the new version still have the trits on the hands and dial?

Haha I thought it was funny too. Most of the cost would have been in licensing the Luminox name, not in the movement itself, they can source the movements themselves.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I find the DBR ( dual reflector) interesting. Nothing on it yet. Hopefully it comes out soon.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

That E1b looks like a great EDC light! Also excited about the new aviator series.

phoenixcatapult

Newly Enlightened
Going gear interviewed surefire at shotshow 2017 .This is from youtube. (Surefire New Flashlights and Headlamps - SHOT Show 2017).
(1),300lm 1 cr123 minimus, use titan plus MVB 。

(2)sidekick can tight to a strap to be a headlamp。
(3)V1C ,red light and IR。

(4)E1B max,high 400lm,low 5lm,use titan plus MVB 。
(5)new aviator,four low light:red\blue\yellow and green\warm yellow?,high 250lm.MSRP 300 dollar。

(6)G2Z max vision,flood beam style,use titan plus MVB 。
(7)P3X IB 15lm 1000lm,intelbeam。

(8)R1 lawman IB,1000lm,intelbeam。

(9)DBR dual beam rechargable.,800lm,MSRP 200 dollar。

sorry to have no pics because of lack of URl upload.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

That E1b looks like a great EDC light! Also excited about the new aviator series.

The 400 lumen E1B in retro style with maxvision all flood beam is the first surefire to excite me in a long time. I hope it actually makes it to production.

Agile54

Newly Enlightened

The 400 lumen E1B in retro style with maxvision all flood beam is the first surefire to excite me in a long time. I hope it actually makes it to production.

I'm right there w/ ya KyHunter but curious though, besides SF's history of vaporware, any other reasons to suggest this new E1B won't come on line?

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

i will admit that im still disheartened over surefire discontinuing their larger lights. i was hoping there would be a prototype of some kind of replacment. maybe next year.