Need a charger.

Thom2022

Enlightened
Hey guys. Need a new charger. My nitecore won't charge Above 4.15v.
What charger would you guys recommend that chargers to 4.2v reliably and preferably gives a charge capacity too as it will help me keep track of battery condition.

Thanks guys.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
The difference in charge level between 4.15 and 4.2 is negligible. Probably not even 1%. The bulk of the energy in a Li-ion cell is stored in the 3.0-4.0v region.

Bugdozer

Newly Enlightened
Charging Lipos over 4.2V WILL damage them but you really don't loose much by charging to 4.15. Some chargers do this intentionally to protect the batteries for overcharge. Some low quality charges set a lower voltage because they are aware of the inaccurate voltage monitoring during charging and add this as a buffer.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
When are you measuring the 4.15V? Is it while the cell is on the charger and still charging, near the end of it's charge cycle, or is it after the charge cycle has finished?
Because if you're measuring the cell after it's finished charging, then 4.15V is quite normal, and the charger is probably charging to 4.2V properly anyway. After the charge cycle finishes, the voltage always drops a few mV from 4.2V to something like 4.16 or 4.15V.

Thom2022

Enlightened
I'm measuring the voltage after they finish charging. When I've measured in the past they were all around 4.18-4.2v but recently it's dropped off. It's the same when charging brand new cells aswell. I've been wanting to buy a new one recently anyway so I'm using this as my excuse.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SkyRC MC3000 is the best charger, Also you can calibrate the voltage and amps if you have required equipment, It`s not cheap to buy at around $90 but it worth every penny.

John.

Bugdozer

Newly Enlightened
I'm measuring the voltage after they finish charging. When I've measured in the past they were all around 4.18-4.2v but recently it's dropped off. It's the same when charging brand new cells aswell. I've been wanting to buy a new one recently anyway so I'm using this as my excuse.

If there is a change in final charge voltage, this could be an indication of failing components. This can lead to a very dangerous condition including fire and loss of life and limb. This charger should be replaced with a new unit immediately.

hahoo

Enlightened
yeah, its hundreds of pages long...i read for 30 minutes straight adout half of em till i was blind....thats why i was asking:thumbsup:

Latest posts