Physical Optics light shaping diffuser

Streak

Enlightened
Just got some samples from them for a project. It's pretty remarkable stuff.
I got some of their 5,10,20,60,80 degree 2"x2" pieces.
Turned a fairly grotty Maglite beam into a pure no holes or artifacts smoothe beam.
It is quite obvious as you go up in the diffusion how the beam turns from spot to flood.
Tried it out on my Magcharger with WA lamp and was very impressed with the results.
That's the good news.

The bad news is that the list price for the 2x2" pieces for quantities of 1 to 10 is (are you sitting down?) $100 a piece. This drops down to $50 for up to 25 pieces and probably a lot lower for large quantities.

If there is enough demand I will try and post some pictures of the results.

My Land Rover Horror Story

Jarhead

Banned
I got some of that stuff three years ago, then I called for pricing!!!

If you keep looking, you can find something very similar for a *much* lower price.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
It is good but pricy material with exceptional light transmission. If you buy a square foot of it and then consider how many beam shapers you could make from that, it gets more reasonable. The beam shapers from SF use the POC LSD product and this is one of the reasons their beam shapers are not as inexpensive as some of the colored filters.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone were to buy a square foot of the stuff, which is equivalent to 36 of those 2x2 squares, then organize a group buy to sell 1x1 squares for smaller lights, by my math the price of each little square would be somewhere less than $12. Maybe there's enough demand for that on CPF to make it happen, although somebody's got to take the lead and get the order done. Just thinking out loud.