Guidesman Spotlight Charger

kilogulf59

Enlightened
I need some advice and this is a long story so I will just say that I got a Guidesman 2,000 Lumen 10W LED Spotlight model 575-7120 from a friend (who recently passed away) for my daughter. The only problem is it's rechargeable and there's nothing to charge it with. I can't seem to find any good info online except it's sold through Menard's. What I need is a AC charger but a DC would work too...it's a decent light but worthless without a charger. Any ideas?

LEDLIG_hero.jpg

kilogulf59

Enlightened
Bulb Type: LED Battery Size: 7.2V, lithium ion

I take it that charger won't work???

If this is of any help, here's the rest of the description from the Menard's page;

The Guidesman lithium ion 10 watt LED rechargeable spotlight offers up to 2000 lumens of bright light. Weather at home without power, in a vehicle, camping, or during a roadside emergency this spotlight will illuminate brighter and further than most. The Guidesman 10W also features a rubber pistol grip handle, and also includes a pivoting stand for hands-free operation with the trigger lock. The lithium ion battery offers extended runtime and holds a charge for up to a year.

• Produces up to 2000 lumens
  • Lithium ion battery technology hold a charge for up to 1 year
  • Up to 7 hours of runtime
  • Pivoting stand
  • Rubber bezel and handle
  • Trigger lock
  • AC/ DC charges included
  • Fast Charge

Brand Name: Guidesman

Guidesman_Logo.jpg

This same light is also made for B&D and Stanley and all three specs state 7.2 volts...so where do I get a charger and which one???

Last edited:

kilogulf59

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm finding nothing for a 7.2V charger...

Thanks for the assist, I'm probably going to order the one you recommended. Personally I don't care for rechargeable lights but this one was "free".

Last edited:

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
I use mine occasionally and take it in the car on trips. Other than that it sits. Good luck with yours.

kilogulf59

Enlightened
We have a Streamlight Waypoint, purchased with knowledge gleaned from CPF, and have been using it daily for about 2 1/2-years now. It's powered by Eneloop Pros and works great. We're rural and use it at night when we let the dogs out.

My daughter has a decent flashlight but this was "free" so why not use it....

All4u

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Kilogulf59. 7 years later and I find myself in a simuilar situation - same old Guidesman LED rechargeable spotlight handed down to me (by my father) without a charger. Mine says "12v" right on the rubber power cover so figure its 12v 500mA, but I can't find a charger with the right plug (the center post on the light is WAY bigger than any charger I can find). I sent a message to Menards and will see if they have a plan but thought I would also ask this forum.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Radio Shack would have what you need. I lost a charging cord/plug on a light once, took the light to radio shack, and for under $20 they had me fixed up with what I needed.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Radio Shack would have what you need. I lost a charging cord/plug on a light once, took the light to radio shack, and for under $20 they had me fixed up with what I needed.

Nowadays tracking down a RadioShack will be harder than tracking down a proper charger.