I want the durability of an Elzetta, with the throw of a Vinh mod!!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What flashlight would be the closest that I can get? I know that my title is actually a pipe dream because here's the dilemma, when talking about Elzetta type durability we are talking about mandatory potted electronics, yet as far as I know modders like Vinh do not mod potted electronics because it would be a sloppy nightmare. So I suppose my best option is simply finding the most durable flashlight with the best throw. Malkoff is up there I believe. Maybe Armytek. But what sucks is that these lights can't hold a candle to the throw of a Vinh mod. Likewise, Vinh's mods are pretty tough but they aren't Elzetta, I don't think anyone has ever driven nails with a Vinh mod. I was thinking that Armytec Predator would be the best that I can do (not as durable as Elzetta but maybe the best trade off of toughness & throw), is there a better flashlight for the ultimate mixture of toughness & throw??

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry not enough details, by referencing Elzetta I was implying a light the size of an Elzetta, a single 18650 size, should have made that clear. That Hound Dog Super is too big for what I'm after. Yeah Vinh gets some amazing throw in some of his single 18650 lights, 500K lux!! Imagine getting that performance into and Elzetta or single cell Malkoff body!! What is the best throw Malkoff has to offer in single cell? Even if it's a bigger battery than 18650.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any light, including Vinh's lights that make 500,000 lux will have a giant head even if they have single cell bodies. There's nothing the size of a p60 host (surefire 6P, Malkoff MD2, etc) that can throw like that.

Malkoff makes an M61 HOT head which has great throw for p60 sized single cell light, and he makes a Hound Dog 18650 which is designed for a single cell but has a head the size of the original Hound Dog but those don't make near the lux of the new HD Super, let alone 500,000 lux.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
@archimedes I have always wanted one (currently have latest gen non-super HD) but if there's a possibility of a 26650 single cell host coming that will fit the HD, I have to wait for that.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
@archimedes I have always wanted one (currently have latest gen non-super HD) but if there's a possibility of a 26650 single cell host coming that will fit the HD, I have to wait for that.

Yes! I would rather have a single 26650 cell Hound Dog Super instead of a long double 18650, I hope they decide to make this configuration. I like the power in Hound Dog Super but find it a bit too long.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have not bought from him yet but PFlexpro sells a potted Convoy C8 with an XP-L Hi, your choice of color temperature. You could also go P60 size with him as well but the throw will be less. All his electronics are potted I believe. He goes up to 3.8A and takes measures to improve heat shedding and heat protection of electronics.