Source of deep reflectors?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought a thread would be useful that helps folks find sources for deep reflectors that would be well suited for use with a high dome emitter. For instance, think about the deep reflectors in the SF L5 and L6. But for us modders, where do we get such reflectors without buying the whole light first?

I'll start things off by reminding everyone of the PM6 reflectors available at dat2zip's sandwich shoppe. Nice beam with long-throwing hotspot and plenty of bright spill light.

Okay, who's next? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

TheFire

Enlightened
The reflector that was designed for use with the 6W UV modules we purchased a while back was quite deep. It had a large hole in the bottom (for the transistor package light), though, so I don't know how useful it would be...

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been doing a lot of experimenting lately and deep does not necessarily equal good. For example, I've gotten some 1.3" Carley reflectors in. They were pretty deep when I got them, but by the time I got through turning away material to get the lux to the focal point, they weren't that deep at all, but still did a good job of throwing. I'm still trying to figure it out. I suppose that more research is in order.

MrMom

Enlightened
I'm bringing a 2-1/4" Al reflector to the shot show. It is designed to have the light source fire in to it as in the Pelican Sabre reflector. It's up for 'free' grabs at Peters shot show party aling with a 11" freznel (?SP?) lense.