Fenix TK09 tail switch problems...

bennettvonbennett

Newly Enlightened
Hey all - first post here!
I tried a search for any relevant posts but was unable to find anything, so here I am to ask for your help.
My TK09 suddenly wouldn't come on the other day. Thinking it was just a dead battery I started to unscrew the tailcap and all of a sudden it came on. After trying different batteries and playing around with it, it became clear that the light would only function if I unscrewed the tail cap about 1/3 of the way.
Thinking that I might be able to troubleshoot it myself I went to Fenix's website and watched their maintenance videos which showed them first checking that the metal ring inside the tailcap isn't partially unscrewed and then if that doesn't do anything taking the tail cap assembly apart and cleaning it etc.

Well I tried to unscrew the metal ring and it just doesn't want to unscrew. It doesn't even seem like it's *supposed* to unscrew to be honest as it wouldn't budge more than a tiny tiny fraction either way.

Now the light will only come on briefly for a second as I screw/unscrew the tail cap so I fear I've damaged the ring or something.
I can always send it back to Fenix but I use the light for my work and would rather not be without it for 2 weeks or so.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Bennett

wjv

Enlightened
Where you trying to unscrew the metal ring by going clockwise, or counter clockwise. My TK15 unscrews clockwise which is sort of counter intuitive. . .

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hey all - first post here!
I tried a search for any relevant posts but was unable to find anything, so here I am to ask for your help.
My TK09 suddenly wouldn't come on the other day. Thinking it was just a dead battery I started to unscrew the tailcap and all of a sudden it came on. After trying different batteries and playing around with it, it became clear that the light would only function if I unscrewed the tail cap about 1/3 of the way.
Thinking that I might be able to troubleshoot it myself I went to Fenix's website and watched their maintenance videos which showed them first checking that the metal ring inside the tailcap isn't partially unscrewed and then if that doesn't do anything taking the tail cap assembly apart and cleaning it etc.

Well I tried to unscrew the metal ring and it just doesn't want to unscrew. It doesn't even seem like it's *supposed* to unscrew to be honest as it wouldn't budge more than a tiny tiny fraction either way.

Now the light will only come on briefly for a second as I screw/unscrew the tail cap so I fear I've damaged the ring or something.
I can always send it back to Fenix but I use the light for my work and would rather not be without it for 2 weeks or so.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Bennett

Hi Bennett, pls send your problems to our CS department [email protected], we will solve it, thanks!