What next?

RH

Enlightened
I'm really nejoying this flashlight hobby! I currently have:

Arc AAA
Arc LSL-S w/2 AA tailcap
Streamlight Twin Task 3xAAA
Mag Charger w/ WA01660.

What am I missing? By this I mean what function? I don't think I need an Arc 4 as I have the LS. The AAA and LS are for EDC. The TT is for tasks and midrange. And the MAG is for daylight. What function have I left out?

fleegs

Enlightened
I recommend the Elecktrolumens FT-3C and Tri-Star 4C. I have the FT-3C and love it. It is one of my favorite. It is just plain fun. I would also check out the VIP from mister bulk. Good Luck.

george9c1

Newly Enlightened
I believe you have left out power failure/emergency use. The lights you have now are not well suited to this task; the Magcharger won't last past 30minutes and the other lights are using small batteries that won't give the runtime you might need in an ongoing situation.

For this I'd suggest a long running light with modest output. Lights using D cells and a 1 watt luxeon fit this requirement. Several are available from Elektrolumens, and the Blaster lights can be focused to provide a flood or spot like a maglight, but with a much better beam quality.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
small batteries that won't give the runtime you might need in an ongoing situation.>>>>>>>>>>>>

?? SL Twin-Task AAA will go 80 hours on the LEDs.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
JohnK, how much of those 80 hours is actually useful light level on the LEDs???

I concur with the need for a headlamp, preferably an LED headlamp. There are times when you need both hands and need light on what you are doing. Of course, if you wear any sort of hat with a brim, that Arc AAA can be clipped to the hat brim for an impromptu headlamp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem is you have a pretty nice group there. Hmm, maybe (while there on sale) either the Pelican M6 or the Surfire 6P? Guess I`m thinking small but really bright and the hell with runtimes. Just for fun or showing off. Not sure which one would be the better pick...maybe the Surefire...they might have some LED add ons...be more flexible down the road. Well my one cent anyway.

Ken

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
JohnK, how much of those 80 hours is actually useful light level on the LEDs???>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ah, I guess I'm wrong. It'd only go for 10-12 hours with THREE times the brightness of an Infinity Ultra, then maybe 10-15 more hours at twice the Infinity Ultra light level, then maybe 10 more hours at Infinity level.

I give up.

I guess it's just a very short run time light.

Bill.H

Enlightened
I strongly agree with george9c1. The ElektroLumens Blaster III is a fantastic long run light. I've used mine in a few power outages as a table lamp by removing the top and standing it on the bottom (candle mode). Lights up a very large room for several nights.