I hiked Garapito Canyon trail look with the Acebeam X65

wjv

Enlightened
This thread needs pictures!!

Of the canyon. . . Not of your liver. . . :)

Good luck with the medical issues!!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My reply to: I hiked Garapito Canyon trail look with the Acebeam X65
This is edward from los angeles ca checking in. Tonight is sunday february 5, 2017. Today I went to autozone in reseda and exchanged a duralast gold for a duralast platinum battery for my ex-wife's 2008 honda accord lx. She gets to drive the 07 mercedes c230 but I digress.

I also purchased a 500 lumen lantern style aluminum flashlight for $24.99 plus sales tax. This autozone in reseda has really good stuff. This flashlight looks like one of those more expensive chinese led lights but without a fancy brand name it was only 25 bucks plus tax. It's very bright too with 3 C alkalines included.

My acebeam x65 is currently fully charged. An eagtac sx30a4 in xhp35hi is arriving tomorrow from andrew & amanda. I already have four duracell nimh charged up ready to install.

Thanks God.
-edward in los angeles
My Acebeam X65vn cw carrier mod is currently fully charged. I will be going on my nightly six mile hilly walk at 4.5 miles per hour, which is a very fast walking speed. I will have my Acebeam X65vn and P60vn quad XHP35 16 volt, 4*18350 with me, but instead of also having the Fenix TK75vnQ70, I will have an iPad 4 Retina Display to attempt to take rudimentary beamshots. If the pics come out ok-ish, I will post them. If my pics never appear, that means that the beamshots came out terrible looking. If the pics come out looking fantabulous, I will start my own beamshot thread in the Vinh54 section of this forum.

hahoo

Enlightened
My reply to: I hiked Garapito Canyon trail look with the Acebeam X65 My Acebeam X65vn cw carrier mod is currently fully charged. I will be going on my nightly six mile hilly walk at 4.5 miles per hour, which is a very fast walking speed. I will have my Acebeam X65vn and P60vn quad XHP35 16 volt, 4*18350 with me, but instead of also having the Fenix TK75vnQ70, I will have an iPad 4 Retina Display to attempt to take rudimentary beamshots. If the pics come out ok-ish, I will post them. If my pics never appear, that means that the beamshots came out terrible looking. If the pics come out looking fantabulous, I will start my own beamshot thread in the Vinh54 section of this forum.

like sands thru the hour glass....so are....:laughing:

Mr. Richbuff, you show me how it's done! I corrected my posts per your suggestion. Please forgive me for my inability to post pics. I will eventually try going to Office Depot to ask for help! Please think of me as the blind, Chinese old dude from Rogue One: Is he a Jedi? Where is his lightsaber then? Why is he blind? How did Admiral Ackbar appear again in Return of the Jedi, if he was captured?

Last edited:

RCLumens

Enlightened
Did I also read in this thread somehwere that there's an X65 Being sold in ebay valet? If so, it's not there and I'm interested. By all means, please PM me if there's an X65 being sold.

Dear RC Lumens, I was planning to sell my stock Acebeam X65. However, it is such an awesome torch that I have decided to keep it again. It is useful despite its $500 retail price tag. It took some getting used to, for me, to think that I am using a $500 light for every lighting task.

I like the relatively compact size, weight, and shape. It reminds me of the Surefire M6-CB before they stuck an overly long LED head on there.
I love its 10,400 Ansi lumens as measured by Wayne of V54.
On Garapito Canyon Loop, its low mode is perfect for long stretches of trail. The last time was the Olight SR90 this useful; this lighter and balanced.
I call its hidden Turbo Max mode "Maximum Overdrive". It is 2.81 times the lumens of the Titanium Innovations L35 HID; and 1.63 times the throw.

God Bless. -Eddie in Los Angeles

RCLumens

Enlightened
Thank you Search and rescue!! Great feedback and glad to hear your feedback on the light. Am still considering picking one up, and if you do decide to sell, please let me know. I have the sr 92 and 95sut, and they are great lights indeed. Seems the x65 could inseat both by offering throw and flood combo. I like that these types of lights have battery packs, size matters not (relatively speaking) this said, the x65 seems smaller than the olights. I also like that you can run the olights full tilt for a while, does the x65 handle heat well? I may sell the sr92 (i bought the newer battery pack for it, but i might still keep the sr95 since it performs great and looks good doing it.

Thanks so much again for your feedback. God bless

Dear RC Lumens, Acebeam X65 dissipates heat very well. That is another discovery I made on my own. It can sustain the high modes for incredibly long periods of time for such output. The XHP35 does not hurt my eyes either, even CW. The lowest price for this light, is a meaningful discount from Andrew at Andrew-Amanda outdoors. You can mention Edward Hsia from Woodland Hills referred you. He says he will have more in stock direct from Acebeam in a couple weeks. He always picks up the telephone when you call him during normal business hours, which is really cool. I have tried to reach another flashlight retailer several times in the past, but they have never picked up the telephone. I have learned speaking with a live person is key to a successful purchase transaction.

Sincerely Yours,
Edward Hsia
Search_and_Rescue
Los Angeles, California, USA

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings Edward, Thank you for your feedback and advice!! Greatly appreciated! It's very good to hear about the heat - lots of lights out there with huge lumen numbers, but only for a short period of time. With high-powered lights, the last thing I want to worry about is being careful - as such most of these lights have been advertised as durable, bright, etc, which is tru for the most part - But I try to stick with single battery lights, or balanced battery packs... Will probably put up for sale my SR92 with the newer batt pack and wind up keeping the SR95SUT - so if you know anyone out there who would be interested, the light is in exceptional condition.

Thank you so much again and very best!
Roland Crista - Cape Cod, MA

I added relevant photos to my edited posts above. I used a free image host and I hope the photos show up.

Vinh is my backup:

[h=1]Acebeam X65vn - Best Searchlight Thrower R[/h]Spec 2: XHP35 Neutral White + DriverVNX2 + Improved Thermal Efficiency
ANSI Lumen: 10,500
Lux: 620K
Throw: 1,575m

ven

Flashaholic
You will love the 5000k Edward, so much easier on the eye than CW ................colours look great and no blue tint to be seen! Your back up may well soon be the CW version you have.................