18650 in P7 Led Lenser Torch?

lucanorillo

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all. First sorry for my poor english.
I`m a happy user of a Led Lenser P7 and Led Lenser Frogman D14 torchs which uses AA batteries (1,5V) that I charge with Powerex C-9000.
Today I find the 18650 panasonic battery(3,7V) with the same size as usual AA batteries and I wonder if I could use it in my torch and on my charger.

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened
Hi there.

No you can't put 18650's in a LED lenser P7, even if the 18650 fit, which it won't, the voltage is wrong and best case it won't work, worst case you'll damage the torch.

The Powerex c-9000 looks only to be able to charge AAA and AA batteries, so you ought not to try to put 18650's in it.

if you want some recommendations on single battery 18650 torches then just ask.

does this help?

lucanorillo

Newly Enlightened
Thankyou Satansjester!!! I would like to try this batteries 18650 (Panasonic 18650B seens to be good one) in a torch (i think then that M7 is good so) with a good charger who works with Li-ion and AA and AAA. Could you recommend me one similar in characteristics to C-9000? (if its possible) Thanks for your answer

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened
Hi mate,

im not the most knowledgeable here and I'm surprised no one else has helped, but I'll give it a go.

The jump from AA batteries to 18650 opens up a world of awesomeness, so you have many options, you seem to like Led lenser, but would you consider other brands?

Do you want a light that floods light out wide or has great throw and goes far?

where do you live? (So we can look at what websites can deliver to you)

you our mentioned the M7 and there's a rechargeable version which means you wouldn't need a charger right now, so you could keep your AAA and AA lights and your charger until you get more into 18650 lights or multi-cell lights needing a better charger.

the m7r looks ok but for that money I'd look at the Fenix TK20r, it comes with a battery, throws great and is more than twice the lumens of the m7, I have one and bought one for a friend and it's a fantastic light.

but if you can give us an idea of your light uses and requirements then we can advise more.

thanks

Latest posts