Hot Rod Power Tour 2017

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
Is anyone here a car nut? Anyone doing the Hot Rod Power Tour 2017? I did it last year and it was a blast. The idea is simple-- several thousand cars visit seven cities in seven days. You see all sorts of cars including the usual classic American cars, Porsche, Ferrari, GT40s, and a few Japanese hot rods. The people are wonderful and you tend to travel in groups. So, if one of you breaks down, help is never far away.

It's not a race--more like a cruise across several states.

Deeohgie

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping to make it this year, since last year I was putting a turbo setup on my car and couldn't make it. Right now I'm letting it sit for the winter due to a broken rod. Hopefully if the wife doesn't trump my plans, I'll have a new forged motor in it and be ready to cruise. I've never been before, but I have a group of buddies that have and said it's pretty cool.

I'm in the St Louis area and hopefully we'll have a group to join in the fun.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My boss participates in a similar deal where a bunch of guys with classic American muscle tour a particular state each year in their favorite hot rod.

Last year they did a stint where they met in Nashville and drove to various places in Tennessee like museums, concerts, and other events as a parade. He said his favorite part was see-ing 84 year old Willie Nelson play for 3 non stop hours.

These are cost is no option cars that I'd be afraid to even drive across town in much less place out on the interstate with all of those fools driving while texting... or worse. But he restores cars for a living and works for my company for the insurance.

This year it is reportedly Indianappolis to take in the NASCAR race etc.