Does Anybody Else Here Use Two (Or More) LED Lights Simultaneously?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went for a walk last night around a lake near me. I clipped my Fenix RC09 to my cap and used my Klarus XT12GT to light up the area as I hiked. So, I am just wondering who else here uses two, or more, LED lights at once for any activities.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
If I am out for an evening, I will generally have a headlight on and then have a light in my hand. Makes it much easier should I need both hands for something or just need to put down the hand light.

Ziggie

Newly Enlightened
My case of using two lights is next. Often i need an ability to quickly change beam profile - from flood to throw. Even more, carrying a flood light at night there sometimes i need to see what is doing far away, so i need to throw. Ill take two convoys s2+, one with tir 10 and one with tir 60 and connect them by rifle mount. But this "combo light" are too big for edc. Now I am thinking about Surefire DBR Guardian or similar light.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
There a lot of times when working on vehicles or equipment I will be wearing my headlamp but need light in a deep spot or in a position which is not visible by the headlamp so I will still use my D25A2.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.

I walk six hilly miles in 90 minutes nightly for exercise, and I carry the Fenix TK75vnX2Q70 dome on in one hand, and the Acebeam X65Vn in the other hand, to light the way, near and far, and to give my arm muscles a bit of a workout, too.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...hat-is-your-favourite-Flood-and-Throw-Pairing

One aspect that I have not seen anyone mention (could be wrong) is that walking significant distances can be a more balanced effort when equal or near equal weights are in each hand. This is an additional benefit to having an area light and using the spotter for occasional use. Walking dogs at night where freedom reigns, really works well with a throw light at hand, and a multi-mode flood.

Late afternoon walks that could continue into twilight or darkness scenarios often find me with a compact thrower (Convoy C8 with XP-L Hi) and the EDC Nitecore TIP CRI and/or the TIP CRI on a headstrap. If the wife is with me and we walk to darkness, then she gets the EDC TIP and I use the headstrap TIP.

Can't tell you how many times a decent thrower has been so informative.

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Many times at work I use a floody headlamp like an H302 (XM-L2) in combination with a throwier handheld light say a D25LC2 (X-PG S2) when I need to "zero in" on a particular spot.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah sometimes walking with a nice beam and the a spotter on the hip ready if needed. Biking too used to use one diffused light and one normal setup on my bars, similar reason really.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only when I'm comparing tints on the roof/wall/outdoors. I've juggled three one time, but not as a matter of course.

Chris

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use flashlights on my job almost every night. I'll often drive a bunch of folks down to the beach in the afternoon for a party, or wedding, etc....... and they NEVER seem to realize that once it gets dark it's going to be difficult to climb the bluffs and navigate their way back to the bus..... so I'll stand at the top of the bluff with one light pointing down to light their way to the top, and another pointed back toward the bus. Both Zebralight SC600s.

It certainly beats watching them try to climb up using the light from their cell phones : )

Thom2022

Enlightened
C8 and M2 when I'm out walking dogs. C8 for general use and M2 in my pocket with strobe mode memorised for those just incase moments.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to night hike in the woods near my home. I rarely use two light simultaneously, but I never go into the dark without a backup light. I usually carry a Malkoff hound dog or hound dog super with spare batteries in Delrin capsules. And just in case some Blair Witch stuff starts happening in the woods, I carry my trusty Elzetta Bravo in a belt holster, along with half a dozen primary cells in a Surefire spares carrier.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I typically carry a throwy light along with a floody light at work, though I've been on temporary disability for a while now. We often have to pull parts required for welding specific part numbers and racking is very high so I actually need something with enough throw to light up whatever small writing might be on the boxes that are 40 or so feet up. If I am looking for parts in small marked bins that are in a dark corner then I like to have a little floody light.

Recently for taking pictures also. I'll use a bright, diffused light for main lighting and a dimmer throwing light for accent.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
If I am out for an evening, I will generally have a headlight on and then have a light in my hand. Makes it much easier should I need both hands for something or just need to put down the hand light.
This seems like perfect common sense. Though I hadn't even thought of it until reading Forinor comment.

mbw_151

Enlightened
If I'm out hiking or just walking in the dark and need to use lights, I wear a Surefire Minimus headlamp for illuminating the immediate area and carry a hand held with more throw like a Surefire host with one of various Malkoff drop ins or an HDS EDC for looking further down range. A pure flood headlamp doesn't reach quite far enough unless you use lots of lumens and the battery life that generates those lumens. The handheld needs easy access to high and/or max output, one push or click. The choice of hand held output depends on just how far you feel the need to try and see; 100 lumens, 1000 lumens or more. It's a personal choice. My favorite is Malkoff M61NL in a 3 cell body. It will pump out 150+ lumens for 8 hours.