Thumb Dexterity Difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomodo

Enlightened
It takes me about a dozen attempts to get into either options menu or brightness settings. I can't seem to click fast enough and I keep "erroring out"! (My thumbs are getting very tired. Will this get easier with practice d'ya think - or am I doing something wrong?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, practice will cure many "mysterious Arc4 phenomena". Also, try gradually slowing down your clicks so the light learns the slower click speed. The Arc4 adjusts to the click speed of the operator in about 15 clicks.

It takes about 3-4 days for a new owner to get comfortable with the basic menu.

Peter

Psychomodo

Enlightened
Thank Peter - I'm trying to teach it how to make a good cup of tea also!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that's going to take a lot more than 15 clicks i think.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
peter: regarding the light learning the click speed of its owner, does the light lock the click speed setting after the first 15 clicks or so until its resetted, or is it always adapting? reason being i usually click it very quickly after replacing the battery because i'm able to click the switch fairly quickly, but i've noticed that if i kept holding down the switch for momentary use or the boost mode, the light seems to slow down the click speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

i don't know if its my imagination, but i usually get around it by double-clicking it rapidly to cycle between the primary and secondary settings to increase the click speed setting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Psychomodo

Enlightened
Thanks Peter.
Sure enough, it HAS adapted to my slow clicks and I can enter brightness settings or options now without problem or RSI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.