Arc AAA and Arc AA tail designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
Just a question - Has there been discussion about putting the Stand-On-End tail design from the Arc AA onto an Arc AAA? I did a few searches but could not find info in this (I think the typical keywords are too vague).

I would love to have an AAA that would stand on end.

-Brian

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there has. For awhile I was seriously considering it. But the Arc-AA is not just the "AAA only larger", it is designed for a different type of use. The AA is a staged/emergency light whereas the AAA is an EDC light. EDC lights should favor easy carry over other features. The lug is easier to carry than the tailstand. There still may be a AAA tail stand in the future but this is the current thinking on the matter.

Peter

evanlocc

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Just a question - Has there been discussion about putting the Stand-On-End tail design from the Arc AA onto an Arc AAA? I did a few searches but could not find info in this (I think the typical keywords are too vague).

I would love to have an AAA that would stand on end.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

May be you might want to know this:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=398251&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

if you manage to get one! please let me know too.
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
Mr Gransee, you have not failed to impress me.

I had thought that the main draw to using AA's in a small light was mainly for the longer run time and the ability to accept Lithium cells for shelf life and cold weather use. With the up and coming Lithium AAAs coming out it seemed to me that the compelling differences of the Arc-AA would be concidereably lessened since you can carry two AAA's at the same weight as an AA.

I had not considered how the tailstand would affect how the light hangs on a keyring - probably the most popular way to carry the very popular light. I think you have made a wise descision.

However, rest assured that if you ever do decide to offer a version of the Arc-AAA with the tailstand you would at least sell one to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.