ACEBEAM X60M - Batteries

X60M

Newly Enlightened
hello all

i bought an Acebeam X60M and i don't know which kind of batteries i should buy.
I posted this question in the sub-forum "flashlight reviews" but i think this may deserve its own topic; i can't be the first one to ask this question :laughing:

So, i want good batteries and they have to be "high drain". The type of batteries are 18650, i think.

Can you help me with your wise guidance?
Thank you once again

X60M

Newly Enlightened
I was reading about batteries and i came down to this:

LG MJ1

They are 3500MAH.
Did i choose wisely?

X60M

Newly Enlightened
Now i need a charger, because i read that X60M integrated charger isn't that good...

What do you recommend to charge 6 '18650' batteries at the same time?

X60M

Newly Enlightened
Efest LUC Blu6 or Efest LUC V6? Or another?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Yes LG's you have are 10a 3500mah, other cells, 6 of sony vtc6/samsung 30Q/ sanyo/pany GA 10a 3500mah to name a few more options.
Also you could get a couple of decent 4 bay chargers. That way you can get 1a per bay and have a quicker charge over some 6 bay chargers..............just thoughts. The opus bt c3100 v2.2 (to name one) is a good value charger at not much over $30(each).

If its going to be stored for longer than a few days/week, best to remove cells to avoid any parasitic drain . Also as you have planned with a charger, dont use the built in charge system as they can be hit/miss.

Beast of a light, congrats and enjoy:welcome:

X60M

Newly Enlightened
Thank you ven.

I want something to charge every battery at the same time. That's why i want a 6 bay charger.
Yes i plan to use the flashlight, then remove batteries, wait them to cool down, charge them and store them until the next time i use it.

Thank you once again, really appreciate.

PS: between these two chargers, do you think i will be better with the Blue6 or the V6? (i don't need bluetooth capabilities, i just want something reliable and with all the protections)

Last edited:

lstmichel

Enlightened
hello all

i bought an Acebeam X60M and i don't know which kind of batteries i should buy.
I posted this question in the sub-forum "flashlight reviews" but i think this may deserve its own topic; i can't be the first one to ask this question :laughing:

So, i want good batteries and they have to be "high drain". The type of batteries are 18650, i think.

Can you help me with your wise guidance?
Thank you once again

I have an X60Mvn that has been mod'ed to a true 8000Lumens OTF (as tested with an integrated sphere)
i use keep power 18650 3500mAH which are protected cells capable of 10A continuous (the protection will trip at about 12A)
the internal charger has a very bad reputation - so I use a 4 cell charger (wish i had a 6 cell charger though)

HTH

Last edited:

X60M

Newly Enlightened
I have an X60Mvn that has been mod'ed to a true 8000Lumens OTF (as tested with an integrated sphere)
i use keep power 18650 3500mAH which are protected cells capable of 10A (the protection will trip at about 12A)
the internal charger has a very bad reputation - so I use a 4 cell charger (wish i had a 6 cell though)

HTH

Thank you for your advice.
Just ordered the Luc V6: it's more simple and easy to use.

So, my set:

- AceBeam X60M
- 6x LG INR18650MJ1 3500mAh 10A unprotected
- Efest LUC V6

Thank you all

ven

Flashaholic
Sorry been out all day, charger wise the efest should be fine. As i always do, check it terminates and the voltages with a multi meter(MM) to make sure all is well. When indicates fully charged, check cell voltage, put back in charger and leave for 30m or so. Check V again with a MM and see if the V is the same and not carried on charging. Easy way to see and i just check cell voltages periodically to make sure the charger/s are as they should be. Most chargers are + or - 0.05v so 4.15 to 4.25 is in spec, of course 4.2v or a tad under is best for the cell/s.

Enjoy! :D