Imalent        

Thread: Anyone else into Jeeps? Especially with lights!

Default Anyone else into Jeeps? Especially with lights!

Last edited by LiftdT4R; 02-04-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Default Re: Anyone else into Jeeps? Especially with lights!

I love Jeeps! Had a 98 Cherokee XJ until just this fall. My dad has a 95 Cherokee and an 05 TJ Rubicon. Unfortunately I sold the XJ because it was costing a lot in maintenance and gas but Jeeps will always be special to me.

I think the only mod I made with lights was replacing the rear cargo area light with an LED and the same thing for the under hood light.

Nice!! XJs are awesome, and for being 15+ years old now you still see a ton of them around. I'm wondering if they're not going to end up like the Grand Wagoneers and some other older SUVs and spiking in price one day. I've been half tempted to find a good clean unmolested one and store it.

Yeah that might not be a bad idea. Mine was stolen at one point and crashed up which I think created some of its problems that kept cropping up. I really loved that vehicle though.

Not a Jeep, but I do offroad and I LOVE lights!

Yes you do and great set up

That looks great!

Flashaholic*

Pictures don't work... I've been thinking of getting one of the Mahindra UTV Jeep clones that are out now. I like the idea of not needing a license to use one off road.
    All you need is Maglite.

Man that looks fun. You're making me really nostalgic now for my old Jeep!

I love classic older Jeeps. Those things are super reliable, indestructible tanks!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic*

My first vehicle, purchased in 2000 with my own money, was a 1971 CJ5. I rhino lined everything on it in it and under it.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    My first vehicle, purchased in 2000 with my own money, was a 1971 CJ5. I rhino lined everything on it in it and under it.
    NICE!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I have had a handful of various Jeeps over the decades. My dad always had one when we were growing up.
    Currently I have a "kinda-Jeep" parked in the back yard. It is military M151A2. (I collect/restore military vehicles.) I know, not a jeep at all. I won't buy or own anything newer than about 1980 or so- I don't like how wide and big they have gotten over the years. Late 60's or early 70's are my favorite years. My brother owns about 10 various Jeeps. From stock to------barely any stock parts!
    Now, speaking of lights........ I have a pair of J.W.Speaker TS4000s on my current pickup. I do A LOT of off road driving in the back country of Idaho. NOT really "off-roading" just driving through a couple of pretty remote areas at night. It isn't that unusual to NOT see another vehicle for a couple of hours sometimes. All those LED "light bars" and such do an ok job of lighting up things within a relatively short distance, but the TS 4000s really reach out and touch.

I am eyeing a 73 CJ5 in a guys driveway with a for-sale sing in the window. Maybe, just maybe.

Those lights look great on the Jeep