Armytek Predator or Dobermann

S2t0i4

Newly Enlightened
what is the biggest different between Predator and Dobermann?

nbp

Flashaholic
I moved this to the Armytek forum for you.

PS: Threads that say nothing but "2nd Post" and the like will not get you closer to having your account vetted. I will delete that nonsense all day long.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't own the Doberman but the Predator probably has much much more throw so guessing beam profile.

Depends on what version he's referring to. The PP xpl hi just barely, barely! beats out the DP xpl hi.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Depends on what version he's referring to. The PP xpl hi just barely, barely! beats out the DP xpl hi.

You might be right. I only have the Standard XP-G2 V 2.5 and Viking Pro XP-L. I think the XP-G2 P really throws well.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
what is the biggest different between Predator and Dobermann?
Dobermann is suitable for smooth and rifled barrel of weapon. Predator suites only for rifled barrel. Dobermann also is more compact and light-weight and its beam distance is shorter.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting linking to gun use ?
Just throw really and size, so predator will reach further down range because of its bigger head which also makes it heavier.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP I have 14 Armyteks including all the V3 Preds and DP's. The biggest difference is going to be basically how easy they are to carry. As the manufacturer stated the DP is indeed more compact than the PP. That being said I personally prefer my Pred Pros and do not mind carrying the extra size. I really like the beam profile out of the XP-L HI PP quite a bit. The beam profile out of the DP is not as wide and has artifacts around the edge from the DP's high crenelations. Not saying the DP is a bad light at all I just got the XHP50 DP and its flat out amazing its actually so bright on turbo I almost never use turbo lol.

Yes both lights can be bolted to long guns.