S2R question for those who own one

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
Hey all
I bought yesterday an olight s2R at GG.
When I got home, it works on the proprietary battery, and on CR123s, but NOT on regular 18650s. (Olight brand/3600mah, full charge)

Can anyone who has one confirm that their light works on regular 18650s?
I called GG last night right before they closed, and the guy seemed to think it *should* work on all 3 types. And the Olight website seems to indicate the same.

Is mine faulty?

Thanks for any thoughts

JD

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Confirm the battery direction. Obvious, but the proprietary batteries have both poles on the charging end, so it makes it confusing for regular batts.

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
I have the S2r and use a orbtronic 3400mah 18650 occasionally. The battery must be a button top to reach the tail cap contact and the battery orientation is the same no matter if your using the olight battery or any other 18650.

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks man. Yeah it's a button top, so should be working. GG says same. Guess I need another trip over there to exchange it.
Darn. Hope another light doesn't find its way home. I vowed I'll not drive over there and come home empty handed.
;)

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
Another thing to consider is that if your light runs just fine off cr123's it may be that the 18650 that your trying is just a hair too long which may bee preventing the tail cap from fully making contact with the body of the light. You can easily mechanically lock out the s2r by loosing the tail cap just slightly with the factory battery.