modifying SF Fury dual into single-output

PeterSteele

Newly Enlightened
I came across a site online where a guy modded his SF P2X Fury dual-output into a high-only output by removing the tailcap & batteries, then severing one of the connections....

I've got an older(original model) P2X Fury (15/500) and want to change it into single-high output only to put to use on my AR15...however I'm admittedly sub-par when it comes to any kind of electronic/detail work....but this job looked pretty easy on this guy's site...so I'm asking if any of you have ever tried this exact mod on your Fury ? Obviously my huge concern is that I don't want to permanently eff my light up ! Thanx for any feedback/advice !

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't done anything like what you asked, but I do have some advice. Go on Ebay or something similar and pick up a G2 or a 6P incan, and find a shock-mounted P60 drop in if you want really high output. Otherwise Lumens Factory makes some higher output incan drop ins that would work with CR123As. They also have a 4v 160 lumen incan if you want to use a Li-Ion cell. Their D26-LED drop in will do over 500 OTF lumens in either Neutral White or 90+ CRI. And a 17670 cell should work just fine in those lights. This way you can preserve your P2X for general use, and still have a similar light to use on your AR15 for around $50. If you do want to hack up your P2X, I am sure there will several here who will give you advice and guidance.

skillet

Enlightened
This works on older G2x and 6Px with this type of circuit in the head as well. I modded my tactical G2 to a "Pro" model by adding a jumper at the same place in the photos.. I believe they have changed the design of the circuit now so it is no longer exposed like that.. Good luck and it's totally reversable.