Angryfox        
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Surefire Aviator 2017 thread

Default Surefire Aviator 2017 thread

Quote Originally Posted by RWT1405 View Post
    I hate to say it, but I haven't purchased a new SureFire in many years, and can't imagine purchasing one any time soon (this thread reminded me why).

I purchased my first SF's in the mid 1990's (I believe 1995 or 1996, when I got 2 - 6P's and a 9P), and loved them at that time, and again after I was able to "upgrade" them with Malkoff's.

I still have the original 3 lights, and many, many more (E series, original Aviators in Red and Y/G, etc, etc) since, but these days I pretty much stay with Malkoffs and StreamLights.

I like to think I didn't leave SureFire, SureFire left me.
    Iíd like to say Iím leaving but the pros of their lights outweigh the cons. Quality is there. Quality control for the most part is too. The customer service is usually prompt and very helpful. Iíll stay interested. I have my couple e series that are malkoff upgraded so really no need for any of there new stuff for the foreseeable future. Custom makers is where itís at IMO. The money spent just for a quality malkoff head makes you see the value in surefires products....most products.
    Last edited by CerLo; 09-02-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Default Re: Surefire Aviator 2017 thread

Quote Originally Posted by CerLo View Post
    Iíd like to say Iím leaving but the pros of their lights outweigh the cons. Quality is there. Quality control for the most part is too. The customer service is usually prompt and very helpful. Iíll stay interested. I have my couple e series that are malkoff upgraded so really no need for any of there new stuff for the foreseeable future. Customer makers is where itís at IMO. The money spent just for a quality malkoff head makes you see the value in surefires products....most products.
    I wish I could agree with you, however in my opinion, and seems to be also many I work with (I'm a 35 year career Paramedic, a TEMS Medic, and Fire Fighter), that SureFire is not what it once was.

There are far too many flashlights out there these days, that provide as good as, if not better then Surefire, and at much better prices.

I am all for everyone buying what they please, but for what SureFire provides these days, and charges, I certainly have no time or money for them, and I've been using them (SureFire) since the mid 1990's.

YMMV
    In a SHTF scenario, the best of plans will go to sh*t, so Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is the best plan

Default Surefire Aviator 2017 thread

Quote Originally Posted by RWT1405 View Post
    I wish I could agree with you, however in my opinion, and seems to be also many I work with (I'm a 35 year career Paramedic, a TEMS Medic, and Fire Fighter), that SureFire is not what it once was.

There are far too many flashlights out there these days, that provide as good as, if not better then Surefire, and at much better prices.

I am all for everyone buying what they please, but for what SureFire provides these days, and charges, I certainly have no time or money for them, and I've been using them (SureFire) since the mid 1990's.

YMMV
    Itís great to hear from someone with as much experience as yourself. I guess thatís the big debate these days when it comes to the argument of ďIs it worth itĒ. I got 8 years in while with DOC and used the Chinese Ledís at the start of their Big Bang. I had one fail me, luckily not in a hairy situation, while on my post (Thrunite). Another while cleaning it (Olight). I also had a great experience with the first XT11 Klarus when it first came out. All in all, I try and stick with the American manufacturers when using for my job. Simply for the quality. I hear a lot about what Surefire use to be. Itís a shame that there has to be that tiny bit of doubt when purchasing such a iconic name. The playing ground seems to be evening out these days. Iíll still pay that extra for the higher quality.
    Last edited by CerLo; 09-02-2019 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CerLo View Post
    Itís great to hear from someone with as much experience as yourself. I guess thatís the big debate these days when it comes to the argument of ďIs it worth itĒ. I got 8 years in while with DOC and used the Chinese Ledís at the start of their Big Bang. I had one fail me, luckily not in a hairy situation, while on my post (Thrunite). Another while cleaning it (Olight). I also had a great experience with the first XT11 Klarus when it first came out. All in all, I try and stick with the American manufacturers when using for my job. Simply for the quality. I hear a lot about what Surefire use to be. Itís a shame that there has to be that tiny bit of doubt when purchasing such a iconic name. The playing ground seems to be evening out these days. Iíll still pay that extra for the higher quality.
    "I hear a lot about what Surefire use to be. Itís a shame that there has to be that tiny bit of doubt when purchasing such a iconic name. The playing ground seems to be evening out these days. Iíll still pay that extra for the higher quality."

I do agree with all of this, and it is a shame that Surefire has allowed this to happen..

For me, Surefire began to lose "credibility" when they introduced the P60L, which was a complete and utter joke and what "drove" me (and I believe many others) to Malkoff.

I've always been a fan of Streamlight, even long before I knew (my first Streamlight was in 1985) SureFire existed, and their offerings, along with Malkoff's give me all I need these days, and I don't think I'm alone on that.

I do certainly hope that SureFire can someday "earn" my loyalty back, but I really have my doubts.

In a SHTF scenario, the best of plans will go to sh*t, so Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is the best plan

Ok, I'm here to eat some crow.

I don't know how I missed it (yes, I had been away from here for 2-3 years, but no excuse), but somehow I missed SureFire coming out with the EDCL2-T.

I see many here are calling what I always knew as the SF 2-stage switch/tailcap (such as on my old beloved L2's and L1's) a "gas pedal" (when exactly did they start calling it that?) switch, and perhaps that is how I missed it.

One of my biggest problems with SF had been their doing away with the 2-stage, sorry "gas pedal" switch/tailcap.

Please excuse me, it will take me awhile to get used to calling the 2-stage switch/tailcap, the "gas pedal".

So anyway, when I realized this last night, I ordered an EDCL2-T, and I'm here to admit I was wrong.

I guess you have been away for a while. Theyíve, in recent years, used it on the Eb2 also(EDCL2ís predecessor). Iíll be getting this light in the mail from Surefire soon by default! That weird storyís for another thread.

Got one a week ago and so far not to bad. This particular copy is the pull out and twist version, not sure if it that was the original version or not. Im not to crazy of the beam pattern, it seems like the tir isnt focused the best it can be. Has a nice hot spot but has a faint hotter spot in the center kind of like the elzetta avs if anyone has one. Put a stick on diffuser tp smooth out the beam and a malkoff tri cap for easier operation.

Anyone know of a place where i can get a selection of clear diffuser film that ia sticky on one side? I like the kind i have from skylumen but want something that diffues a little less
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

@Jose Marin
    YHPM

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910