What is a good light with PWM?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my work it is really useful to have a light with PWM. I can easily show off where there is water leaking, or I can highlight something with a fan or a motor spinning. The strobe effect is useful just to get the customer's attention.

I'm looking for good AA or AAA lights, only.

The only requirement is that the light has PWM in at least one mode. The frequency is also not important as long as it is visible.

Right now I am using an Inova X1. It does this in low mode.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello there! It would be hard-pressed to find a light that doesn't use current controlled circuits to manage the light's output these days. You're best chance is ordering those cheap "-fire" brands because chances are they are still using those Jurassic circuit boards with PWM. Buy a dozen though coz that shtz don't last long! Haha...

Among the newer lights (unfortunately not AA) the XT11GT which I recently bought has PWM on its lowest mode. I know because I am one of the few people who gets dizzy when a light has PWM. (yes im weird) :)
-

chumley

Enlightened
The Nitecore EC11 has pwm in all modes except turbo with 18350 cell. I would think that the AA version, the EA11 would be the same. The Inova XP AAA penlight has pwm in low mode