Flashaholism

Alumenum

Newly Enlightened
Hello fellow flashaholics! I am currently in a dilemma. I'm not sure what to buy next. I edc a Manker E14 with quad Nichia 219 and 18650 extension tube (work light, I work in a refinery and the wall of light helps when working graveyard and trying to see a lot at one time. Plus the 18650 gives me fairly decent runtime). I have everything from eagtac d25c, tx25c sto convoy c8 xpl and Olight M2x-ut javelot for long distance applications. I am about to order a Charles Wiggins custom triple convoy s2+ (this is my first custom light, opinions are appreciated). I also have a nitecore mh20gt coming in the mail. I use all of my lights for work related reasons, they all have dings and scratches from numerous drops and bumps. I am a big fan of single 18650 small size lights with switches. I figure between the manker e14 and the mh20gt I have flood and throw covered for work. What am I missing? What is the unnecessary, single cell, high output light that is guaranteed to make every flashaholic giggle when the switch is activated? Short of the $400+ customs (sinner, mcgizmo, okluma) what is left to scratch this itch that I have. I prefer mode memory and over discharge protection. Flood or throw, I don't mind carrying 2 lights to cover all bases. What will top what I have now. I am not opposed to TI or CU lights but a $400 custom would hurt if I lost it because i don't buy safe queens, all my lights get carried. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you mention single cell lights but give a serious look into the Convoy L6. It is a double cell light but you will be getting the biggest value of 2016 with an XHP70, excellent beam pattern, and very long run time. The UI is super simple 4 modes and it on low it will last ages. This will be a great foray into slightly larger lights and for $50 you cannot beat it.

Since this is a larger light you can get your 4000 lumens until the battery runs out since you won't be nearly affected by the heat as the larger body will sink it just fine. You can resistor mod it for ~5000 lumens or Matt at adventure sport can do it for a nominal fee. Highly recommended light.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something with trits perhaps? Trits are like trits, it wil make you happy :) Love my cheap vollsion sp11.
The lumintop prince in cu and carbon fibre also make me smile.
But the next step into flashaholism is bying a soldering iron, and mod your own lights with the led and tint you prefer. Then it will become a hobby :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ven

Flashaholic
The s2+ triples are great lights, you will enjoy it! The L6 is a beast for the money, the 5000k would be my choice for some colour in the generous spill:)

The dilemma, what actual use have you in mind, sinner/gizmo etc are all very nice lights. If you go titanium then uses are better in lower output applications(close up uses rather than trying to flood a large area) due to heat. Ti does fair well under hard conditions, can be polished up if/when required. Tana does an amazing triple conversion for the gizmos, but if you do decide that route , buy the haiku with no engine to save some money. That is only if the standard output is not enough, as we know the gizmo's are not about crazy output.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Gizmo-lights-(Haiku-Mule)-and-modding-service

Not sure output wise of my 219b, would guess 800+ lumens. Still set on 18% or 25% , i have a decent useful amount of 4500k hi cri light, that i can run a few mins without concern.

Then the p60 side with hosts and drop ins, some nice surefire hosts or cheaper solarforce. p60's wise, many options from many modders(or build your own like staticx). Single de-domed xp-g2 for throw, mules for close up flood. Then triples and quads, for sheer output and fun. Choice of LED's, drivers etc opens up almost endless options .............
Quad xpl HI 5000k p60vn

p60vn triple 219c mule in a seraph

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You sound like my kinda guy. I have tons of throwers, but I almost exclusively EDC some type of "Wall of Light". I know for a fact, me and ven love some triples and quads.

So....................maybe.......
OR (Oveready) BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And never look back brother. Get the 70 if runtime is of any importance. :twothumbs

In addition to the vn P60 that ven mentioned:
Maybe get you a P60 Host like a Surefire bored for 18650's or a Solarforce L2P and then get a OR Triple P60 drop in (if you can find one) and a few 18350's! I promise, you will not be let down. Yes, its gonna feel strange putting a $200 plus P60 in a $15 Solarforce host, but it is a insane combo with maximum flexibility all the way around. If you can't find you a OR triple, then check out a Tana triple, or another great one is a P60 Quad from Mtn Electronics.

So, lots of great options today. You can make a beast of a P60 light rig for under $100 all the way up to $300's.

ven

Flashaholic
Forgot about the BOSS, certainly one of the more appealing lights right now.................just trying to get one! I find it too frustrating tbh..............See what happens back end of this month and into March.