• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 1100 Lumen XP-L HI Rebel Mag Thrower!

jayrob

Enlightened
Using Cree factory dedomed XP-L HI emitters in combination with the longer Rebel reflector...

The result is 1100 lumens in a super tight hot spot and amazing throw... :cool:

From Cree datasheet: "The XP-L High-Intensity LED is the first single-die LED to deliver over 100,000 cd in a 4-degree beam"

Video Demonstration:

That palm tree you see when I pan to the right is 200 yards away... :cool:

Trusted seller?

You can read any one of my threads to see that I am a trusted seller. For example, in the case of my 2D sized 1000 lumen Maglite flashlight mod, please take a few minutes to read some of the buyer feedback that I have listed here: (to see that I am a trusted seller)
Buyer Feedback

Here's a few pictures of the build...

xpl1.jpg

xpl2.jpg

xpl3.jpg

xpl4.jpg

xpl5.jpg

Features:

* XP-L HI factory dedomed emitter on copper sink pad
* Custom heatsink
* Rebel reflector (longer)
* Multi-mode, user select 3 Amp driver (see below)
* Mag head turns for fine focus adjustment
* Super tight hot spot
* Long throw

Emitters:

The emitters are mounted onto a 10mm copper MCPCB...

Shown in the pictures, is 5000K... (my choice)

I have some 5000K, and 6500K XP-L HI emitters on hand, but can also get any of the following choices:

3000K 80+ CRI
5000K (neutral)
6500K (cool white)

Driver:

3 Amp (high mode) linear driver with low voltage protection...

Low voltage protection: At 2.9-3V the light will switch to an emergency low mode.

You'll love the Guppydrv option for this driver which allows the choice of 22 different 'mode group' settings for the ultimate in user customization. (see link below)

I like mode group 21 which gives me 4 brightness settings - with memory.

Here's the driver I'm using:
Link to driver with Guppydrv option

22 User Selectable Mode Groups: (with low voltage protection!)

1. 2% - 25% - 100% | Memory
2. 100% - 25% - 2% | No Memory
3. 2% - 25% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | Memory
4. 2% - 25% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | No Memory
5. 15% - 100% | Memory
6. 100% - 15% | No Memory
7. 100% Only
8. 100% - Strobe | No Memory
9. Strobe - 100% | No Memory
10. ML - 5% - 33% - 100% | Memory
11. 100% - 33% - 5% - ML | No Memory
12. ML - 5% - 33% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | Memory
13. ML - 5% - 33% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | No Memory
14. ML - 100% | No Memory
15. 100% - ML | No Memory
16. ML - 100% | Memory
17. ML - 5% - 15% - 50% - 100% | Memory
18. ML - 5% - 15% - 50% - 100% | No Memory
19. 100% - 50% - 15% - 5% - ML | Memory
20. 100% - 50% - 15% - 5% - ML | No Memory
21. 2% - 15% - 50% - 100% | Memory
22. 2% - 15% - 50% - 100% | No Memory

3D option:

Shown above is a cut down 'Stubby' single cell size using a Feilong 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion cell. (I stock these shown here)

Another configuration that would be perfect for this driver is a 3D size using 3 X D sized NiMH cells...

Pricing and Options: (let me know your initial choice of the driver mode group and I can set it for you when I test your light)

3D Size XP-L HI Rebel Mag Build:

The complete XP-L HI Rebel Mag 3D will include:

* 3D Maglite host (let me know your color choice)
* Switch prep
* Rebel reflector
* Heatsink/driver/XP-L HI emitter installed and tested (let me know emitter choice)
* Assembled and ready for your NiMH cells
$144

* Shipping will be based on a handling fee plus postage. (send PM for total)

Stubby:

The complete XP-L HI Rebel Mag 'Stubby' will include:

* Maglite host (let me know your color choice)
* Switch prep
* Rebel reflector
* Host mod - 'Stubby'
* Heatsink/driver/XP-L HI emitter installed and tested (let me know emitter choice)
* Assembled and ready for your Li-Ion battery
$169

Options:

* Feilong 6000mAh 32650 cells - $24 each
* Charger: Xtar VC4 - $29
* Fiber glass battery sleeve and tail cap mod if using a 26650 - $15

* Shipping will be based on a handling fee plus postage. (send PM for total)

Hope you like it! :)

Last edited:

jluck2001

Newly Enlightened
I just received the flashlight last night and WOW! I can't believe how far and bright the throw is on this light! Totally pleased with the build; two thumbs up!

GuySmily

Newly Enlightened
It's almost unbelievable, but I've been buying modded maglites from Jay for over 8 years now. I've certainly grown up a bit in that time, and flashlight stuff has gotten better too. I don't know why these posts haven't been replied to in so long, but I'm happy to report that Jay is still at it. I can't imagine life without a jayrob custom maglite at my side, and sadly my last jayrob custom got stolen from my car a few weeks ago.

So, this is my first time ordering a shorty. I figured I'd be less likely to leave it around (like in the car...). I'm definitely happy with my choice, and as always Jay's work is top notch. In fact, I've only ever had one technical issue over all these years, and Jay got the light repaired and back into my hands in no time.

The new driver is a nice upgrade from my previous builds - I love having more modes, and the new driver is silent too (no more PWM whine!). I'm a bit of a weirdo in that I usually don't need throw, so I normally run with the cap/reflector taken off. I love having a hemisphere of sunlight coming from my hand. Highly recommended!

ITTHi9Fb9XfuWSJwpT7wTOJAxMVLNmnHfL5yNzXYQ3ry_4LGpMn4G7CFFBvRet_YN-mUOOuUUBs-oF9TYc67zjWzEqk0a-wgkl1jLrbEUXsa2kDpAGVWxjMWAVg_y6IEsK8B6k3RcJYVFD9ldt3LH4F1cqTRlJL8ILzg9K8Ru-_QUDMXr6c09bcywr-6yDDgAAsiy_UcSW8ObHq0Hrg9cGsJunml0Zmq3LjrWOHLwYVaQdKnum_JVyGYMHQDRUw-zOvzBastG7-UuQ6OkKldVR7sP9ekrFc0D2l94npJRkFFXjD2EOPw-NwWvTexZj3MWAAI-Y4bweYu19YyIbf5R0drUyNl4A3-YVxmx_axVzFPg9JfAjj4N6q6x5xffjSUqpX5InxFj0fxNR4WRfN-u0nc407rVbulbie72USrm24zKhBb9mvQ9IVWfzMTQKWOdhIzaaF50khr_0hBsE2goJTWPqXyvoumUYjkqAE54Vd20P9gTQaULu3vhb6PZPIchvfYoLqH_GaW09L4ZQz2qGZcB56INiwFgHB8RdSm-8jgkf4kIJRF8QYsCXXjWHdoLacQoS3-TVuQUiENUuaX2qmq1wk9e6hXg_p4qFbM3gBLedPXhOEobliGHwOLn68qzfWU9ZOMUnPD6gwpJgUG2xFDVl3eQ9pXyqkuk5j59JUkpHciET2yOGPRZYAEmknZtkc=s1280-w1280-h800-no

Sorry I don't have any cool output photos yet... Here's a side-by-side with an old stock 3D mag for now.

jayrob

Enlightened
It's almost unbelievable, but I've been buying modded maglites from Jay for over 8 years now. I've certainly grown up a bit in that time, and flashlight stuff has gotten better too. I don't know why these posts haven't been replied to in so long, but I'm happy to report that Jay is still at it. I can't imagine life without a jayrob custom maglite at my side, and sadly my last jayrob custom got stolen from my car a few weeks ago.

So, this is my first time ordering a shorty. I figured I'd be less likely to leave it around (like in the car...). I'm definitely happy with my choice, and as always Jay's work is top notch. In fact, I've only ever had one technical issue over all these years, and Jay got the light repaired and back into my hands in no time.

The new driver is a nice upgrade from my previous builds - I love having more modes, and the new driver is silent too (no more PWM whine!). I'm a bit of a weirdo in that I usually don't need throw, so I normally run with the cap/reflector taken off. I love having a hemisphere of sunlight coming from my hand. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the feedback!

This one is my favorite Mag build because of the size vs output and battery capacity. :)

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My green 4000k stubby with rebel reflector is on the way. Will have pics and stuff in a few days as long as my body is healed by then. I remember having car accidents and going right back to work when i was young. I feel like tyson, ali, and frazier used me for practice

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
what are you guys waiting for...i got mine....in green!!! lover's of maglite this is the light for you. the beam is 4000k and soooo good lookin. renewing my subscription so i can post pics...

jayrob

Enlightened
what are you guys waiting for...i got mine....in green!!! lover's of maglite this is the light for you. the beam is 4000k and soooo good lookin. renewing my subscription so i can post pics...

Glad you like it! :rolleyes: (knew you would)

My personal one is 5000k and I compared it side by side with your 4000k before I packed it up.

I have to say, it's still about the same lumen output at 4000k. (visually) Both are excellent. (on a side note 3000k is a little too warm for my personal taste - looses noticeable output lumens as well)

Last edited:

Latest posts