Question about Older Surefire 623 Shotgun Forend

stormridertx

Newly Enlightened
I have an opportunity to make a trade for an older Surefire 623 shotgun forend. I noticed in the picture that the forend still has the Laser Corporation markings. I'm ignorant on the older Surefire products, can anyone here tell me exactly what I'd be getting from the below picture? Searching the internet only shows me specs on newer models of the 623. The value of what I'd be trading is around $100.
WqIcx7oh.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Surefire 606 on a Beretta 1201FP. It says Laser Products Corp. on one side and has the LPC logo on the other. I don't think you'll find one that says Surefire until quite awhile later as they kept using that molding pattern for most forends, kind of like with the G2 flashlight which still came with the crosshair logo until the end of production while nothing else had for a very long time. I don't use the shock isolated bezel, I left that in the plastic, I screwed on a Z44-HA bezel instead since I'm using a Malkoff HCRI drop-in. So no need for shock isolation, it will just decrease reliability of the light's electric contact with an LED drop-in. Unless you're using a P60L or something like that. Malkoff does make a fitting ring to help resolve this, but it deforms the foam and since I have a regular bezel, why bother? If I had an incan lamp assembly in it, I would use the shock isolation.

No reason not to trade for that light setup! I would if I had a Mossberg. And there's nothing wrong with running the incan lamp assembly in it either. I just had the extra Malkoff and bezel and wanted to keep the shock isolated bezel new in the plastic. But I'm not a huge fan of the older bezels that have lexan windows to begin with.

Last edited:

jkid1911

Enlightened
Absolutely trade, I love my early fore end much better than the later ones and as already stated easy upgrades !!