Convoy BD06 from Gearbest only works ~90 seconds, then pulses?

SteveRRR

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Convoy BD06 from Gearbest after reading threads here with good reviews. I bought two different manufacturer's 26650 batteries with good reviews from Amazon. The flashlight will only work for about 60 to 90 seconds, then it dims dramatically and starts pulsing at a rate of about 1Hz. What is the problem? The flashlight is supposed to charge the batteries, and does at least a little as when I first plug them in the charge indicator indicates red (sometimes) and eventually goes to green. The light has never worked for even 5 minutes continuously.

Gearbest support hasn't provided any help, all I got was a semi-coherent response. My review doesn't show up on their site either, which makes me think they filter anything that isn't a positive review. Won't be buying from them again.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Convoy BD06 from Gearbest after reading threads here with good reviews. I bought two different manufacturer's 26650 batteries with good reviews from Amazon. The flashlight will only work for about 60 to 90 seconds, then it dims dramatically and starts pulsing at a rate of about 1Hz. What is the problem? The flashlight is supposed to charge the batteries, and does at least a little as when I first plug them in the charge indicator indicates red (sometimes) and eventually goes to green. The light has never worked for even 5 minutes continuously.

Gearbest support hasn't provided any help, all I got was a semi-coherent response. My review doesn't show up on their site either, which makes me think they filter anything that isn't a positive review. Won't be buying from them again.

When you're finished attempting to charge the cells internally and then remove them, what voltage are they showing on your digital multi meter?

Have you tried charging them on an external charger and then seeing if the light stays on for 5 minutes?

What 26650s did you buy specifically and how do you know that they're actually quality cells?

Start a process of elimination, one variable at a time and begin ruling things out.

Chris