Quality of Armytek Wizard Pro Xhp50 USB

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
It has been some time ago since I put a post on the forum but now I thought it was time to post something positive.

I have had many driver and switch issues with Armyek products in the past (4 wizards, 2 wizards pro, predator pro). That's the reason I start skipping the lights of this manufacturer. But, I was really impressed by the new Wizard Pro warm with XHP 50 LED and USB charging function so I pulled the trigger and I bought one.

I have to say it is a great flashlight with amazing brightness. It works as advertised and seems to be very reliable. I think I have the new batch with nice round cooling fins around the head of the light. I will post some positive things below:

- nice retail box
- correct user manual
- two quality check stamps on the retail box what means (I guess) they have improved quality checking before leaving the factory
- works as advertised.
- rechargeable battery included
- no proprietary battery needed. It just has able to handle 7A, protected or unprotected. Even less than 7A when you don't use the highest turbo mode.
- nice stiff switch feeling
- color indication of temp and remaining power level
- hidden strobe modes
- great mode spacing, very useful
- nice user interface
- lubricated threads
- very nice new clip, easy to place and remove the light
- very pleasant color temp (warm version, is personal thing)

The only minor negative point is the charging time. It takes a while till the battery is fully charged (charging rate is about 600mah and dropping down in time to about 200 mah). But that's the only minor thing and I can live with that.

So thumbs up for Armytek !!!

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it waterproof with the USB port open like for instance the UC35? Thanks for youre mini review. I got the warm white Viking Pro it is so bright at max I almost never use that setting...

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
You're welcome! It has a magnetic USB charging module on the tailcap. This is completely waterproof and very easy to connect.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
I have an application where I need the shortest length possible so I use a standard tail cap on all of my Wizard pros. Can I use the standard lightweight tail cap on this new light? I realize that I will not be able to use the charger. Also, how is it that the light is so much cheaper than the prior Wizard Pro (especially considering it includes a battery). Something different/cheaper?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
I have an application where I need the shortest length possible so I use a standard tail cap on all of my Wizard pros. Can I use the standard lightweight tail cap on this new light? I realize that I will not be able to use the charger. Also, how is it that the light is so much cheaper than the prior Wizard Pro (especially considering it includes a battery). Something different/cheaper?
Yes, you can use a standard tail cap.

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
One month later and the wizard pro xhp50 is still going strong! I have used the light a lot during night hikes and the throw and spill of the light are also very good for a headlight. Again, compliments to you Armytek. Dear forum members: please check out this light. I think the quality has been really improved with the new xhp50 led/drivers. I am really back into Armytek and I like the UI a lot better than for example the Zebralight lights. I am interested in more of the lights that are announced during the Shot Show. Could you tell me when the new usb rechargeable lights (like Viking xhp50 and Prime xhp35) are released? Thanks!

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
One month later and the wizard pro xhp50 is still going strong! I have used the light a lot during night hikes and the throw and spill of the light are also very good for a headlight. Again, compliments to you Armytek. Dear forum members: please check out this light. I think the quality has been really improved with the new xhp50 led/drivers. I am really back into Armytek and I like the UI a lot better than for example the Zebralight lights. I am interested in more of the lights that are announced during the Shot Show. Could you tell me when the new usb rechargeable lights (like Viking xhp50 and Prime xhp35) are released? Thanks!
Thank you for choosing us! At present moment I do not have accurate information about Viking xhp50 and Prime xhp35 release date.

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
Hi Armytek,
Could you please give us an update on the release date of the new usb rechargeable (viking, dobermann, prime, elf) lights?

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
Hi Armytek,

Any news on the new models (elf, viking USB) release dates?

When these new lights are reliable as my Wizard pro XHP 50 I want to have all models! You definitely made a major quality improvement in your products. Thanks for that, keep on going!