Viking Pro XHP50 Warm White

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is for fellow CPFer from Germany Ernst and anyone else interested in this light. Please note-I do not have the best camera but am doing the best I can with it. I will begin by posting some opening shots of the light and the set up I will be using for beam shots I will post later tonight. I will be using a pair of fresh Orbtronic 3500mah 10amp GA cells as well as the 2x18650 extender tube from the current Barracuda for shots of the beam at full power.

To begin here is the light, tube and cells. Will post beam shots after 9pm EST

IMG_0193.jpgIMG_0195.jpgIMG_0199.jpg

EDIT-the Cuda tube does not fit. AT told me it will work for any V3 light but that is apparently not the case. So...running off a single GA this is what it looks like at max against a white wall in my basement. It is FAR brighter in person. Will add more in a bit.

IMG_0203.jpg

Last edited:

Scarbear

Newly Enlightened
The Homepage of AT says that all bodys and tailcaps from the tactical line are interchangeable. I own a Partner 1A v3 and a Viking Pro Warm V3 with XHP50 Emitter like you. The Partner-body fits into the Viking (makes nos sense, i know ;-), but the Viking-body and tailcap don't fit the other way. The threads looks like the same and i can't find a difference :thinking:

Armytek, coud you explain that?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
The Homepage of AT says that all bodys and tailcaps from the tactical line are interchangeable. I own a Partner 1A v3 and a Viking Pro Warm V3 with XHP50 Emitter like you. The Partner-body fits into the Viking (makes nos sense, i know ;-), but the Viking-body and tailcap don't fit the other way. The threads looks like the same and i can't find a difference :thinking:

Armytek, coud you explain that?
Yes, they are interchangeable. Body of Viking suites to the Partner and Partner works with one 18650 battery.

Scarbear

Newly Enlightened
Yes, they are interchangeable. Body of Viking suites to the Partner and Partner works with one 18650 battery.

Okay, but my body of Viking doesn't fit on the Parnter A1 V3 and the tailcap from the Viking also doesn't fit on the Partner Body! And as i understand the new tube of barracuda doesn't fit into the vikings head :thinking:

EDIT-the Cuda tube does not fit. AT told me it will work for any V3 light but that is apparently not the case. So...running off a single GA this is what it looks like at max against a white wall in my basement. It is FAR brighter in person. Will add more in a bit.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received Viking Pro XHP50. As usual with Armytek a very nice light! And the tint: like the other of my Armytek warm lights(I always choose warm when it's an option) the tint is beautiful: provides an incandescent feeling!
XHP50 emitter provides a slight donut hole in the hotspot, though. But it's very slight and I don't consider it as a problem, probably a non issue out in the field.
But I reacted when I read in the specification the XHP50 model has 80deg spill. It is written on the package as well. At the pictures it didn't look like the reflector was different when Predator. And I can state that 80deg is incorrect. Viking XHP has a few degrees wider spill than Predator, still <45deg(if Predator has 40deg). I have nothing against it: this means more lumens per area. I would describe Viking as a "distance flooder".

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This night I went out to the forest with Viking XHP50 warm, Zebralight SC600w III and Malkoff M91T. I used Viking with Barracuda body and 2x18650s.
I did a comparison between the lights and Viking at as well turbo1 and turbo2 level.
First of all; I said it before: the 4000K tint is awesome, and especially good for the nature colors.
Malkoff M91T is a small spotlight with a punchy hotspot and pretty dim but wide spill.

SC600 compared to Viking: the much wider spill of Zebralight works better for short distance. Viking is better a bit further away because of as well brighter hotspot and spill at a given output level.
Viking compared to Malkoff M91T: the tint of Viking is superior to the cool washing-out- the colors tint of M91T. M91T throws better than Viking at turbo1 level. Viking at turbo2 level outthrows M91T, though.

Viking XHP50 is a very nice flashlight with a beam character I would describe as a "bubble of light". Wide hotspot and bright spill with a smooth transition between. While the narrow spill can be a disadvantage for some purposes it definitely has the advantage of putting more lumens within the actual illiminated area.
Despite it is very floody it has decent throw at turbo2 due to the raw output. And with 2x18650 this high level will be available for more than a short burst. So I really like the Barracuda body as a complement.
By the way: I agree with other opinions about the reset time of the regular modes. It's WAY too long time! I can't see any reason for more than 1s.

Last edited: