LES's... vibration-powered LED's...

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
LES\'s... vibration-powered LED\'s...

Interesting...

A company in Japan has made LES's (Light Emitting Sticks) that light up when shook... LED's being energy-efficient isn't anything new, but this company apparantly is working on making the battery portion smaller and smaller. This makes sense, since you don't need large power to drive LED's...

(Sorry, webpage is in Japanese)

LES Webpage

Maybe this is old news to you folks, and I apologize if it is... I haven't checked the boards in a long time due to work schedule changes...

It looks like they even sold traditional fans (hand-powered) last summer, which glow when used... Cute!

Hand-Held Fans with LED's
utiwa_hikaru.jpg

It looks like they are woking to make the power module small enough that it won't be any bigger than a dime. ..which means this could open up the market for a ton of accessories that light up constantly... (keychains, ear rings, hats, etc...)

Anyhow... hope you're all doing well...!

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
Re: LES\'s... vibration-powered LED\'s...

Oh, how could I forget... runners could have running shoes stuffed with these, so that they'll constantly blink when they're running...

I just hope they invent this thing called a... er.. off button... =)

Canuke

Enlightened

I always thought those flashing superballs were powered this way, but they aren't... ther's a battery inside those. Probably in the shoes too, since kid's shoes have a built-in lifetime limit.

With LED's being able to run off piezo and other renewable sources that incan lights would eat up (like the Nightstar lights) has me wondering how far the "Bladerunner" school of fashion will go, with LED and EL components wired into nearly everything...

JJHitt

Enlightened

A less-than-perfect tlansration of the page:

About LES
There is an ability to convert mechanical energy and electrical energy alternately in the piezo-electric device. Various applications such as ultrasonic dispatching and vibrating sensor and signal filter have been born making use of this character.
At our company it started advancing the development which removes electrical energy from the piezo-electric device which still is unreclaimed field in these application fields.
The light-emitting diode which lights up mechanical energy making use of the piezoelectric バイモルフ element and that energy which change in electrical energy (LED) molding as one unit, the part luminous stick where new concept shines personally (LES) it developed the fact that this time it introduces.

Like below there is a feature which is superior in this element, development of future various applied applications is expected.

* General purpose as a part increases by the fact that it unifies, promotion and future cost decrease of standardization become possible.
* As the whole with the mold material vulnerability of the ceramics is supplied by the fact that impregnation it does, it improved anti- environmental efficiency.
* Converting collision energy of the self to electrical energy, because it radiates, カオティック of the motion body it made the production of the light which is adjusted to the movement possible.

*Reference information
External size 2 we plan those of size of type.
Long size: Length 46 mm× width 10 mm× thicknesses 3 5 mm
Short size: Length 30 mm× width 8 mm× thicknesses 3 5 mm

It starts raising price and detail specification etc. in the consecutive this home page.

* Because of provisional specification there are times when specification is modified not to refuse.

evanlocc

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Canuke said:
I always thought those flashing superballs were powered this way, but they aren't... ther's a battery inside those. Probably in the shoes too, since kid's shoes have a built-in lifetime limit.

With LED's being able to run off piezo and other renewable sources that incan lights would eat up (like the Nightstar lights) has me wondering how far the "Bladerunner" school of fashion will go, with LED and EL components wired into nearly everything...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! the kid's shoes flashing LED was actually what you mentioned. Its run on 2 button cell and flash for 5 seconds on every activate.

And yes there are already have jacket, bra... with LED light on, i remember once mentioned in this forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif