Are there any Flashlight/torch magazines??

Luke

Newly Enlightened
Maybe impossible to get them here in Uk.. But can get them sent over.

Its all research!!

cheers

Luke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question!

One to which I honestly don't know the answer, but would like to know also.

If there isn't, maybe there's another CPF product that could be investigated by a group of members...

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
a flashlight magazine...
if there is one i just might add anothere magazine subscription /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
This was discussed in the Cafe Forum. If you look you can find it. I think the answer was "no".

Seabass

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm...

You could always print out CPF every month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
You know, that's really the only answer.

Having been in publishing for a decade, launching a magazine is too time and cash intensive, and with CPF, you have an immediate and responsive resource, with all us "Flashlight NUTS" (as we have been described on the WarriorTalk board) to support each other.

The only pluses would be more organized editing and prettier pictures. Downside: lota bucks, and who would pay, if all the info resides here anyway?

In the Cafe Forum thread, Kirk recommended a couple of flashlight books...

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only one I've ever seen is the one put out by Surefire (and Guns&Ammo I think) that is devoted mostly to Surefire flashlights, weapon lights, and the tactical use of both. I believe two issues have been released thus far, the second issue should still be on newstands now.

-Keith

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
5K is a quite respectable circ, actually, for a niche.

But the only way we could accomplish that is by sending it free to everyone, and that means the underwriting for the title would be by advertising money (hi Peter)!

I launched a magazine just a couple of years ago, and it took a tremendous amount of capital the first year. The fact that Surefire is the only one sponsoring Guns and Ammo Combat Tactics is telling, they're the big dog.

But there are other possibilities, like newsletters or quarterly sponsored titles (a la Surefire), so keep an open mind!

daloosh