a quick question on batteries

deye223

Newly Enlightened
gday all new member here and I am pretty new to all the led and li-ion battery's , now the cells I have for

my 2 m3x tritons are nitecore NL183 18650 I have 4 and have had these for 2 years and they have had

little use .

they are still going strong but now I am looking at getting more lights and cells like 16340 more 18650

and some 26650 and because I am in Australia from what I can gather keeppower are about all that is

worth getting are these a good cell as here they are not exactly cheep .

and I need a good charger as well ?

cheers D

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keeppower is likely more available to you there in Australia. Orbtronic is the other great re-wrapping company but they are out of Florida only thus shipping to you would cost as much as the cells. AW brand cells are what you are going to be looking for when it comes to 16340's they have the highest capacity 16340's at 750mah. Everybody else is 650mah or 700mah. AW is known for stellar quality and worth the hassle of finding them and paying the shipping for them.

Keeppower makes the current best high capacity high amp 26650's at 5200mah. When it comes to these Keeppower cells(the 5200mah ones)they come in two lengths one is long at just over 71mm and there is a shorter version at roughly 68-69mm. When it comes to chargers there are many multi chem and single chem chargers available. I myself recommend Xtar. I have the multi chem Xtar VC4 and Dragon as well as two single chem Xtar VP2's. Value wise I feel Xtar is the best value when it comes to chargers.

Currently 3500mah 10 amp NCR18650GA cells are the best and most capable high capacity 18650's available. They are available from Keeppower and Orbtronic. The Orbtronic cells are a tad shorter than the Keeppowers if fitment is an issue. Good luck

deye223

Newly Enlightened
Keeppower is likely more available to you there in Australia. Orbtronic is the other great re-wrapping company but they are out of Florida only thus shipping to you would cost as much as the cells. AW brand cells are what you are going to be looking for when it comes to 16340's they have the highest capacity 16340's at 750mah. Everybody else is 650mah or 700mah. AW is known for stellar quality and worth the hassle of finding them and paying the shipping for them.

Keeppower makes the current best high capacity high amp 26650's at 5200mah. When it comes to these Keeppower cells(the 5200mah ones)they come in two lengths one is long at just over 71mm and there is a shorter version at roughly 68-69mm. When it comes to chargers there are many multi chem and single chem chargers available. I myself recommend Xtar. I have the multi chem Xtar VC4 and Dragon as well as two single chem Xtar VP2's. Value wise I feel Xtar is the best value when it comes to chargers.

Currently 3500mah 10 amp NCR18650GA cells are the best and most capable high capacity 18650's available. They are available from Keeppower and Orbtronic. The Orbtronic cells are a tad shorter than the Keeppowers if fitment is an issue. Good luck

thanks for the reply ....... and on the charger I am happy to see that here in aus they are only about $30us so this makes

the purchase of some new cells not as hard on the hip pocket .

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as 16340 cells go, I have the Fenix 700mAh, the EagleTac 750mAh, and an Olight 650mAh. I did a run time test with each of those fully charged on a Fenix PD25 and I got almost the exact same time out of all of them. I did a test between a Nitecore 14500 (NL147) and a Fenix 14500 (800mAh) and the Fenix did a lot better. That kind of soured me on the Nitecore. With the 14500, I know that Keeppower and Fenix use the Sanyo/Panasonic cell which is a good thing. I don't know what cell everyone is using in their 16340's but I personally have consolidated on mostly the Fenix. As far as 18650's, I like the Sanyo/Panasonic 3500mAh NCR18650GA (red color). If you are comfortable with unprotected that's a good one. If you get a protected 3500mAh battery utilizing the NCR18650GA cell (ie: Keeppower, Orbtronic, etc) be warned that I've seen some of those be kind of too wide (fat) for some of my flashlights. I have some Keeppower 3400mAh protected 18650's that use the NCR18650B cell and they are also great and pretty much fit in all late model 18650 flashlights. There are other good brands, I'm sure, but those are the ones I'm familiar with. For 18650 without the need for high drain capability, stick with the cells that you know utilize the Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650B or NCR18650GA.

Just my 2 cents for whatever its worth :).