10 Lumen E01s

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know where a certified E01 kook can get the older 10 lumen version of the Fenix E01? I've ordered from sites that have 10 lumens advertised and still get shipped the super high powered 13 lumen versions.

JLeephoto

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where a certified E01 kook can get the older 10 lumen version of the Fenix E01? I've ordered from sites that have 10 lumens advertised and still get shipped the super high powered 13 lumen versions.

Just curious, is there a tint, beam or UI difference with the newer model as well? If not, can you really tell the difference in 3 lumens?

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the tint is a grab bag, but sanding the LED helps a ton as well as doing a custom sharpie job. :D The 10 lumen versions do have longer runtime however. Aside from that I do believe that I mentioned that I'm a kook. QUOTE=JLeephoto;5058495]Just curious, is there a tint, beam or UI difference with the newer model as well? If not, can you really tell the difference in 3 lumens?[/QUOTE]

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
can you really tell the difference in 3 lumens?
he wants to have the longest ... runtime
heres some background on gurdys love of the Fenix E01, and other cockroaches and vampires like the Manker E01

look and be amazed: LOL!
More E01 shenanigans. Tried another sharpie mod with my yellow\gold E01. Wanted to try and get a more neutral tint than the blue stock and the super warm that I did previously. Here is a side by side beam shot. The little bit of greenish that shows up in the middle light can't really be seen in real life and it's a nice middle ground between the other two. The far right is what I use for middle of the night lighting either by itself or with a chapstick diffuser. Love these lights :)

and a few of his threads and posts:
worth a read: The E01 48 Hour Challenge
WTB- Vihn Warm E01 Mod
Arc-P
EMP Question

I think the new ones are easier to break into for modding to warm or high CRI.. gunga would know.. but that would just lower the brighness, like the sharpies, but not lower the power use.

I hope someone does some tests with a light meter.

Slider......you're a good person. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. .

thank you sir, but, not according to my exwife
I do hope you find your next E01
I only have the "new" version.. its got an Ultimate lithium in it, for the post apocalypse when I wont be able to recharge my eneloops.. wait, I think I can still order a Goal Zero.. note to self.. spend more money on disaster preparedness ,-)

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tis' true Jon. I am an E01 junky and when it comes down to it....it's definitely my favorite light. I've been all over the map since 2014 or so and the first lights I had were an E01, PD32 G2 (my first foray into 18650 lights) and an LD12. I've bought, returned, sold, and re-bought a bunch of lights and the E01 still remains top dog. It has its limitations but that's part of what makes it fun. I've tried to see if other AAA lights could take its place, Preon, Tool, Worm, Ti3, Eiger, etc. but I just keep coming back to the flipping E01. I will say this.....this hobby is much easier when your favorite light is also one of the cheapest! Side note, I'm back to where I started for the most part in that the only lights I have now are E01s, an LD11, and an E12. EDIT: forgot the Preon head on a Tool body that lives in my car and the missing Eiger. Now where were we? Ah yes 10 lumen E01s. Anyone have a source?
he wants to have the longest ... runtime
heres some background on gurdys love of the Fenix E01, and other cockroaches and vampires like the Manker E01

look and be amazed: LOL!

and a few of his threads and posts:
worth a read: The E01 48 Hour Challenge
WTB- Vihn Warm E01 Mod
Arc-P
EMP Question

I think the new ones are easier to break into for modding to warm or high CRI.. gunga would know.. but that would just lower the brighness, like the sharpies, but not lower the power use.

I hope someone does some tests with a light meter.

thank you sir, but, not according to my exwife
I do hope you find your next E01
I only have the "new" version.. its got an Ultimate lithium in it, for the post apocalypse when I wont be able to recharge my eneloops.. wait, I think I can still order a Goal Zero.. note to self.. spend more money on disaster preparedness ,-)

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
this hobby is much easier when your favorite light is also one of the cheapest!
the only lights I have now are E01s… and … and .... Now where were we?
Anyone have a source?

cost saving rules are my strategy as well
however, unobtanium can get rather expensive

you were saying you "only" have 3 E01's… and …

I only have 3 maratacs.. LOL… and… and… and :)

we both have 3 of the same lights, with 3 different colored tints.. I think you definitely spent less on yours, but mine have more modes... LOL!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Sounds like I should hold onto my several E01's that I've owned from the beginning. I'll have to dig them up and see exactly which ones I still have.

My trusty black one has been riding in my pocket for many many years. I got this when they were first released.

db5f327652599fb248541e4be5a9e5aa.jpg