Looking for a 5W 3x123 or Pila regulated light

browntown

Newly Enlightened
Considering the amount of time I've been spending on this board you'd think I could figure this out on my own, but alas my brain is kinda fried after a long day's work. I want a 5w LED aluminum flashlight that would take either 3x123 batts or 2 pilas that is current regulated with a clicky tailcap. I guess the SF L4 is pretty close even though its a 2x123 design and I think there is a pila batt model that is the form factor of 2 123's, but frankly Surefire is a bit on the expensive side, and I like the stuff that people on the board manufacture. Any suggestions besides using the search function?

Thx in advance.

G Pilot

Enlightened
I just built a 3 watt DB 1000 that uses an E2 with a 123 extender for a total of 3 123 cells. Best light I've made so far(although I have a Nexneedle that I am gonna swap out the SE and put in an X4T!). It doesn't have a clicky but you can get one for it.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Browntown,

The only one I know is the surefire L6, 5W regulated, 3x123A or 2 pilas 150S, clicky tailcap = $260 !
But if you accept one unregulated I recommand you the Hyperlux V from TNC Products: 5W, unregulated, 3x123A or 2pilas 150s, optional clicky tailcap = $115 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
All these two flashlights are very bright....Just the price are not the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unregulated KING is the SpaceNeedle II from MrBulk, IF you can talk him into one, about the same as the TNC.

Regulated are still a test to come by if you don't go the L4,5,6 Surefire route.

Bill

browntown

Newly Enlightened
OK so regulation might be asking a bit much, after perusing FlashlightReviews.com the Streamlight TL-3 LED looks like a match. The TNC looks enticing as well. I might just have to build something though like G pilot, maybe I'll do something similar to the McModule in my PM6. Thanks for the suggestions folks.

HunterSon

Enlightened
I had a TL-3 LED and it was a nice light. But the TNC Hyperlux V is really a custom made light that will have better throw and come in HA too. It is a little cheaper in price and you can get a clikie tailcap too. At a later date you could probably get someone on the board to modify it with a regulator and have exactly what you were looking for. TNC has top quality lights.

Manila

Newly Enlightened
I have the L6 but can't get the two Pila 150S to work with it.

I tried placing the two Pila 150S in an M3 and it works but I can't turn the tailcap all the way in.

Just curious as to why I can't get the L6 powered up with the 150S.

Thanks for the help!

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interestingly, I just realized that L4 is the cheapest regulated 5Watter in the market (including those from modders) that takes Pila battery. Who said SF is overpriced:)

Alan

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about one that is slender all the way. It would look like an Inova X5 body, but 3x123's instead of 2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades