chance the Imalent DT70 over the Olight x7vn for a cheaper alternative? 15k lumen flo

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I was looking at purchasing the Imalent DT70 for a good amout less than retail. I am not sure even at that price I would choose it over the X7vn. I don't want to be disappointed with the build quality and UI. For alot less it would be the same amout of lumens with close to the same amout of candella. Would you spend more than ........ amout on a light without reviews yet. Anyone with experence im the DT70?

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This item is in my area of interest. I await reviews. By the way, Acebeam is coming out with the X45; similar configuration, sometime in the future.

Questions about Imalent: I would ask the expert: Vinh54.

He knows all about this kind of stuff. :)

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Well i also put an eye on this imalent
But only saw 1 review and a thard here in cpf on that light failing and there is more than one saying it happend to him\her
So i keep looking for another light with high lumen and throw as for me reliability is very important i am not willing to pay so much for a light that May not work
And it's a shame as it's spacs are amazing

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the specs are amazing, however specs are ink on paper. I wonder how the light actually performs.

Vinh always gives conservative numbers. Of my 20 or so lights from Vinh, every one of them throws farther than his quoted numbers.

And on the subject of quality, Vinh's lights are built by him, one at a time, vs an assembly line in China. And if your light needs repair, would you rather send it to China or Washington State?

Just food for thought.

Last edited: