Utorch 1x AA 500+ Lumen Review

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

This is a pretty good light for the money.

If you have one please let us know what you think of it.

EDIT: There is nothing in the instruction book about this but members pointed this out that you can program the light levels. 1. From the off press the button until it blinks two times. It will come on in high mode , and flash 2 times after 7-8 seconds.
2. After it blinks twice , release the switch and double click again. It will enter strobe , beacon etc and a constant current output level & regular modes.
3. Now navigate with single (short) click to the lowest mode
4. It will ramp through 3 different output levels . Single click confirms selected output level of mode and goes to the next one
5. Do the same for all the modes , and when you are in strobe turn off the light with a "long" click .
(I copied most of these instructions from member giorgoskoks post, but dropped the first step as it was not needed)

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be ineresting to see how it compares, I have 2 x E11's ... they're great little lights!!!
I'm considering buying one just to compare, though really, I hate the idea of supporting the knock off.
One thing I've noticed is the utorch has a multi-spring tail while the Manker has a hefty single spring.
The lumen output that I tested my manker at is similar enough to what Matt tested the utorch at that I don't think there's any major performance differences.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip on my UT01 had to be bent with pliers before it would actually fit onto a pocket because of the way the body tube mount obstructs material from sliding into the clip. I had to use two hands to clip the light on a pocket before I did some significant reshaping of the clip. I see a lot of lights advertised with this clip design and it really puzzles me.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just added some info to the OP about the programming feature I just learned of.

The clip on my UT01 had to be bent with pliers before it would actually fit onto a pocket because of the way the body tube mount obstructs material from sliding into the clip. I had to use two hands to clip the light on a pocket before I did some significant reshaping of the clip. I see a lot of lights advertised with this clip design and it really puzzles me.

Ya, that is how my clip was too. When I snapped it on in the video it was after I had modified it.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I broke down and ordered one. I hate the fact it is so obviously a knock off of the manker through and through, but the discount code you posted made it so cheap... why not?
As I have the Manker already, putting the two side by side will be interesting.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the typically succinct and good humoured review Matt. [emoji106][emoji4]

I've been living in the modded flashlight world, but I thought that I would give this one a go. I received the 3D ( NW) version and I must say that this is the best value factory light that I have. I have only run it on Eneloops as it will not take a protected 14500 due to length, but run time will be an issue lithium ion anyway. Output is great with the AA and it manages heat well.

Just a note re the colour temp, it looks pretty warm to me. It is warmer than my Reylight pineapple, which is 4000K. Perhaps the tint is tricking my eye, but it is very pleasant nonetheless.

I have no hesitation in recommending this budget priced light with high end performance! [emoji3]