Where to buy

deye223

Newly Enlightened
G'day all seeing as I'm Australia so I have to buy online where is the best place to buy , I was going to from BG

but have been reading some negative reports about them . I don't have a lot of spare cash so can't afford to

get stung , I am mainly looking at Convoy brand ATM S3 C8 and a L6 .

cheers D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bangood is ok. Just takes a while sometimes. See, for every 100 satisfied customer there is a dis-satisfied one.
Who fills out the surveys? Normally the happy customer just goes about life being happy, but the unhappy one likes to share that.

Welcome to the site.

deye223

Newly Enlightened
Bangood is ok. Just takes a while sometimes. See, for every 100 satisfied customer there is a dis-satisfied one.
Who fills out the surveys? Normally the happy customer just goes about life being happy, but the unhappy one likes to share that.

Welcome to the site.

thanks ok then looks like I will try for a Gray Convoy C8 in XML2 T6-4C 4300-4500K

cheers D

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been buying from both Banggood and GearBest for several years. So far I have not had any problems with either. It does get frustrating having to wait for the Chinese junk to sail from China to the US, but everything ultimately gets here.

Since you are interested in Convoy lights, look at BudgetLightForum.com. M4D M4Xj, _the_, and Freeme usually have coupons for discounts at one or the other. Money saved is money earned.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shop at banggood and gearbest with no issues. 14 days delivery to where i live. Same if i buy somethng from usa, 14 days.
Go for the xp-l hi version of the c8, gives more throw.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shop at banggood and gearbest with no issues. 14 days delivery to where i live. Same if i buy somethng from usa, 14 days.
Go for the xp-l hi version of the c8, gives more throw.
Key thing I'd add is keep the original packaging until until you verify all is well.
If you do have any DOA issues, they will both ask you to document the problem with pictures and videos, and must usually include pics of the original mailer.
It is a burden that you have to "prove" the problem, but not that big of a deal.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Key thing I'd add is keep the original packaging until until you verify all is well.
If you do have any DOA issues, they will both ask you to document the problem with pictures and videos, and must usually include pics of the original mailer.
It is a burden that you have to "prove" the problem, but not that big of a deal.
I always do that in the first mail anyway. Send a picture or video to prove the item is broken. Even to Gene malkoff. The only time i have had no response at all over a broken item, was not from china, but from bluelinegear. Both b.l.g and lense-light wont respond to my mails over my dead lense-light micro..

deye223

Newly Enlightened

haha this has just happened to me today , the olight s1 i have been waiting for a week just rolled up and is doa got it off ebay not happy

Led Astray

Newly Enlightened
G'day - I have bought regularly from BG, Gearbest and other Chinese & HK based sites with no issues, you just have to be patient unless you choose an expedited shipping option.

I bought a C8 from BG in November last year, very pleased with it. Others recommend Aliexpress to obtain a wider range of options via Simon who is the originator of Convoys (I believe) and who seems to have a very good reputation.

deye223

Newly Enlightened
thanks all I now have a convoy l6 on the way from GB in 5000k

I have found GB and BG a lot better in emitter options than AE

deye223

Newly Enlightened
RE OLIGHT S1 DOA ISSUE

haha well I am defiantly an Unenlightened noob :whistle: it turns out that the keeppower 16340 I have are 1.7mm

too long and the tail cap was not making a circuit so I thought it was a doa issue now I have it sussed all I can

say is this little light will be with me all the time even though it gets hot real quick on high .

Last edited: