Thrunite TC12 v2 - Help needed to charge

PeteW

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Anyone know how to charge the TC12 when it has a flat battery? I think I left it on accidentally.
I know the procedure it to power it on then insert the cable. But having no luck in getting it to charge doing this (although it isn't obvious when it is off or when it is on).
When I insert the charging cable the LED flashes purple i.e. there is a problem.
Any ideas how to resolve this? I don't have an external charger.

Thanks

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TC12 has springs at both ends of the battery tube thus should handle flat top cells fine. First what cell exactly are you trying to run? Second, when I charge the cell in my TC12's I plug in the mini USB cord first THEN click the light on try doing it in that order.

PeteW

Newly Enlightened
The TC12 has springs at both ends of the battery tube thus should handle flat top cells fine. First what cell exactly are you trying to run? Second, when I charge the cell in my TC12's I plug in the mini USB cord first THEN click the light on try doing it in that order.

It's the one that came with it - the Thrunite 3400MAh one. Torch is about 3 weeks old so it shouldn't be a faulty battery.
I tried plugging the cable in and then flipping the on switch. Still continues flashing purple.
It was charging ok until (I think) it went flat overnight.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. The 3400mah Thrunite cell is first class all the way. I never read anything in the TC12's manual that said to not leave the charging function on once the light turns green but it sounds like once the light turns green click off the charging function. Do you have a stand alone charger? Or any other 18650 cells?

PeteW

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a standalone charger but was considering getting one.
However, I've fixed the problem. Even though the led would flash and I could get the light to go into firefly mode when the cable was plugged in, it would not charge until I discovered that the light/led end of the tc12 (that is not the battery end) was not tight. Tighten it up, and it started working and charging fine.

knorman69

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Anyone know how to charge the TC12 when it has a flat battery? I think I left it on accidentally.
I know the procedure it to power it on then insert the cable. But having no luck in getting it to charge doing this (although it isn't obvious when it is off or when it is on).
When I insert the charging cable the LED flashes purple i.e. there is a problem.
Any ideas how to resolve this? I don't have an external charger.

Thanks

Hi Pete, try this
Recharging the TC12-V2

Once you connect the USB charging cable to the TC12-V2 you'll notice a flashing purple light on the side switch. This means the battery is not charging. You actually have press the tail switch to place the torch into charge mode. When the light turns red, it's charging correctly and it will turn blue when it's complete.